Afreen Vaz also known as Dr Afreen Rachael Vaz, is an Indian model and doctor. She has secured the first runner-up position in Femina Miss India 2015. He is also a Senior Mental Health Physician. In 2018, she was cast in an English mystery film, ‘We Didn’t Kill Mia’, which was directed by Jai Tank.
Afreen Vaz was born on Sunday 23 December 1990.age 31 years; by 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He did his schooling from Hasnat High School, Mumbai. Afreen moved with her family to Auckland, New Zealand at the age of 11. She went to Linfield College in Auckland. She participated as a contestant in New Zealand’s Next Top Model in 2010, from where she gained more recognition in the fashion industry and started her journey. Later, she returned to India to pursue her education as a medical student.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx): 65 kg
Hair Color: brown
Eye Colour: black
Body Measurements (Approximately): 32-24-33
Afreen belongs to a Hindu family in Mumbai.
parents and siblings
Afreen’s father’s name is Callisto Vaz and her mother’s name is Lucy Vaz. He has a younger brother named Aaron Vaz. His father, Callisto Vaz is a former infantry officer in the Indian Army from Goa and his mother, Lucy Vaz is a former Air India Airlines air hostess from Mumbai.
relationships / affairs
During her childhood days, she used to spend time with her grandmother, who inspired Afreen to dream of becoming a doctor who does not treat patients inappropriately or inefficiently and looks after their health. To fulfill that dream, she came back to India and studied Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) in Puducherry.
Miss India beauty pageant organized a contest for Campus Princess at JIPMER College, Puducherry in 2015 where they selected her as a contestant and she won. Studying as a medical student, she participated in a variety of beauty pageants like Femina Miss India 2015, where she finished as the first runner-up as well as won the title of Sofitel Miss Congeniality in 2015 Miss India pageant. She went on to participate in Miss Supranational Asia & Oceania 2015 which was held in Poland and emerged as the winner.
Afreen Vaz has achieved so much success that she is considered the ‘Beauty with Brain’ as she is one of the few people to have won many competitions while studying medicine. She considers herself very privileged; In an interview she said,
I will not lie. I am extremely privileged and for the most part, it is because my parents worked hard to make sure that I grew up knowing that I could be whatever I wanted to be. All I had to do was be honest with myself about who I am and work hard to be who I wanted to be. I was allowed to experience, explore, change and grow. ,
- Movies: The Notebook, Legally Blonde (Part 1), Black, PK
- Hobby: Reading, Writing, Dancing, Modeling, Public Speaking
- quote: “Be your best friend.”
Facts / Trivia
- When she was studying in college, she had a short film festival in which she participated. She directed a short film with the University of Arizona on Anti-Tobacco where she participated in Campus Princess 2015, her first beauty pageant.
- His advice to the youth is “Follow your dreams and no one else’s. If it’s really something you want you’ll find a way to get there, once achieved the effort doesn’t matter.”
- One rumor she heard about herself was that as soon as she found a corridor or room, she would dance anywhere.
- She calls herself a big foodie and loves to travel. She has been to various places including the United States of America, Honolulu, Japan, Bali, Australia and others.
- One dream she wants to fulfill is to travel all over the world.
- She considers Oprah Winfrey as her role model.
- The three qualities she admires in a man are confidence, loyalty and a good sense of humour.
- When asked about an achievement that would make him feel that his life was a great success, he replied,
To educate the rural women of our country about the importance of health check-up and self-examination. Once educated they can help in early detection of diseases like breast cancer and treatment becomes more effective. I would consider this life changing and life saving education for many people in a vast country like ours.
- According to her, every woman should have three qualities, self-confidence- who she is and her choices. Compassion – To each and every living being around him. Charisma- Because every woman has it. It’s just a matter of radiating it.
- She has her own charity, the EDBF (Early Detection for a Better Future) movement, which aims to educate rural India on the importance of early detection in health care.
- In an interview, when asked which law she wants to break, she said, she would like to vote as an OCI too, but she can’t.
- He is followed by 30.3k people on Instagram and has 16k followers on Facebook.