Age: 10 Years
Hometown: Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
Some lesser known facts about Ahmad ibn Umri
- Ahmed ibn Umar is an Indian child artist. He played the role of youth Aamir Khan In the 2022 Bollywood movie “Lal Singh Chaddha”.
- At the age of four, Omar started auditioning for several acting projects, and failed several times. He talked about this in an interview and said,
Since childhood, I have faced dozens of auditions that were looking for child actors. Many times I failed and but I didn’t give up.”
- At the age of six, he appeared as ‘Yuva Kaptan Kabir Kaul’ in the Hindi-language romantic drama film “Notebook”, which released in theaters on 29 March 2019.
- At the age of seven, he appeared in many fashion shows.
- In 2021, he appeared in the video song ‘Bas Ek Tera Main Hoke’, which was released on 24 July 2021 on Zee Music Company’s YouTube channel.
- He has also appeared in several TV commercials, including those for a clothing brand Turtle.
- In an interview, Ahmad ibn Umar said that he wanted to pursue acting as a career after completing his formal studies.
- In 2022, he made headlines after playing the role of Yuva Aamir Khan In the Bollywood movie “Lal Singh Chaddha”. In an interview, Umar said that when he heard that Aamir Khan was looking for a fresh face for the role, he decided to audition, and was selected. According to Umar, after his selection for the role, he had to go through several training sessions, acting workshops and interviews to get the role. Umar played the role of a physically challenged Sikh boy in the film.
- In an interview, Umar shared his routine during the filming of Laal Singh Chaddha and said that he had to wake up at 3 in the morning and sleep late in the evening. Omar said,
During the shoot, I would usually wake up around 3 in the morning and start preparing for my character and return late from the sets. There is no substitute for hard work and dedication. I hope people appreciate my performance in the film.”
- Reportedly, Punjabi singer Gippy GrewalShinda Grewal was the first choice to play the young Aamir Khan in Laal Singh Chaddha; However, Grewal reportedly refused a haircut for the film, after which Ahmed ibn Umar was offered the role; Kesh (hair) is considered sacred in Sikhism.
- Laal Singh Chaddha is the Hindi remake of the 1994 Hollywood film “Forrest Gump”. Tom Hanks played a nominal role; Forrest Gump is based on the novel by American novelist and non-fiction author Winston Groom; The novel has the same title, and it was published in 1986.
“Run, Lala, run!” Experience the extraordinary journey of ️ #LalSinghChadha In the official Indian remake of #Forest Gump – In theaters August 11. Get your tickets now: https://t.co/F9Ldarycxx pic.twitter.com/hfwzkqAGyL
— Forrest Gump (@ForrestGumpFilm) 4 August 2022
- Soon after the launch of the official trailer of the film, a trend #BoycottLaalSinghChaddha started on social media. The boycott trend started after Aamir Khan’s meeting with Turkish First Lady Emin Erdogan. In 2020, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoan criticized India after the 2020 Delhi riots. In February 2022, Recep Tayyip Erdogan also supported Pakistan’s stand on Kashmir.
I’m so glad to meet @Aamir Khan, world famous Indian actor, film producer and director, in Istanbul. I am glad to know that Aamir has decided to wrap up the shooting of his latest film ‘Lal Singh Chaddha’ in different parts of Turkey. I hope so! pic.twitter.com/3rSCMmAOMW
— Emine Erdogan (@EmineErdogan) August 15, 2020
- #BoycottLaalSinghChaddha also trended because some netizens believed that Aamir Khan has insulted the sentiments of Hindus through his film PK. Another reason behind this boycott trend was a statement by the actor in which he said that ‘it is better to feed the poor than to offer it in temples;’ And to counter his statement, some netizens quoted that they would prefer to donate Rs 200 (the average cost of a movie ticket in India) instead of watching Laal Singh Chaddha in theatres.
— indian (@indian_101) 25 July 2022