Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 27 Years
Some lesser known facts about Aishwarya Pissay
- Aishwarya Pissay is an Indian circuit and off-road motorcycle racer. In 2019, she created history by becoming the first Indian to win a world title in motorsports as she won the FIM Bajas World Cup in the women’s section in Varpalota, Hungary.
- Aishwarya’s parents separated at the age of 9.
- At the age of 18, Pisce developed an interest in biking after his father kicked him out of the house for failing 12th grade. Thereafter, she went to live with her mother. On weekends, she used to go on bike trips with her friends. He talked about this in an interview and said,
I did not do well in class XII and my father threw me out of the house. I went to live with my mother. This gave me time to do some part-time work and study; I also started riding bikes during this time. Soon, I started taking weekend bike trips with friends.
- Hailing from a conservative family, Pisse received criticism from her father, grandparents and other family members for pursuing a career in motorcycle racing. In an interview, he talked about his family’s reaction to the game and said,
Coming from a conservative family with a racing background, it was not the easiest of career choices. My grandfather expected me to go for a regular job and so did my father, who said I would make nothing of my life. It was my mother who let me find myself and allowed me to follow my passion. ,
- For some time in college, she worked as a model. She was also featured on the cover of some magazines. In an interview, he talked about modeling and said,
I used to do modeling in college but when I started training as an athlete, it trained me as a person and gave me a way to live life. All these appearances on the cover of the magazine were due to my success as a motorsports athlete.
- In 2014, he participated in the TV show ‘Chase the Monsoon’ on MTV, in which motorcyclists covered a distance of 8,000 km from the Rann of Kutch in Gujarat to Cherrapunji in Meghalaya in 24 days.
- To enhance his biking skills, he trained at Apex Racing Academy in Coimbatore in 2015 and California Superbike School in Chennai in 2018.
- She made her international rallying debut in 2018, when she participated in the Rally Red Baja Aragon in Teruel, Spain; She is the first Indian woman to participate in the Baja World Rally. The Sherco TVS team consisted of French brother duo Adrian Metge and Michael Metge, Spaniards Lorenzo Santolino and Aishwarya Pissay. The event ended prematurely for Aishwarya as her pancreas ruptured in the process.
- TVS Racing signed Aishwarya Pissay as a factory racer in 2017, while iOS Sports signed her in 2020. Apart from these two, he has also been sponsored by Mountain Dew, Big Rock Dirtpark (Bengaluru) and Scott Motorsports India.
- She came into limelight in 2017 after becoming the national two-wheeler champion (in women’s category) by winning the Indian National Rally Championship for girls in the Moto Xtreme category (Group B modified category) and finishing fourth in the challenging Raid de Himalaya. She was the only woman to complete the grueling race in the ‘Extreme’ category.
- In 2017, she suffered a collarbone injury after which she underwent an operation. The doctors fixed his collarbone by inserting a steel plate and seven screws.
- In 2019, she made headlines for winning the FIM Bajas World Cup (2019) in the women’s category. In the championship, Pisces won the first round in Dubai, finished third in Portugal, fifth in Spain and fourth in the Hungarian Baja, and finished with 65 points. Based on these points, Aishwarya won the World Cup in the women’s category. Meanwhile, he finished second behind championship winner Tomas de Gavardo (60 points) of Chile in the junior category, in which both men and women competed.
- In 2022, she became a household name when she appeared as a contestant in the show Bigg Boss Kannada Season 9. She was the first contestant to be evicted from the house on the show.
- She can speak Kannada, Marathi, English and Hindi