Ajitpal Singh Kohli is an Indian politician, known for being a member of the Aam Aadmi Party and for winning the state assembly elections 2022 from the Patiala Assembly seat in Punjab on 10 March 2022.
Ajitpal Singh Kohli was born on Friday, 7 July 1978.age 43 years; by 2021) in Patiala, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He studied at Yadvendra Public School, Patiala. He did his MA in Politics from Punjabi University, Patiala.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: Black
parents and siblings
Ajitpal’s father’s name is Surjit Singh Kohli, who was a senior vice-president of Akali Dal.
His grandfather’s name is Sardar Singh Kohli, who was a SAD MLA.
Ajitpal Singh Kohli started his political career by joining Shiromani Akali Dal as his family has a history of working with Shiromani Akali Dal. In 1997, his father served as the senior vice-president of the Akali Dal, and his grandfather, Sardar Singh Kohli was the MLA of the SAD. Ajitpal served as the mayor of Patiala from 2007 to 2012. In January 2022, he joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and on 10 March 2022, he won the Patiala Assembly seat of Punjab in the 2022 State Legislative Assembly elections. The Election Commission report said Kohli got 48,104 votes, Amarinder got 28,231 votes, SAD’s Harpal Juneja got 11,835 votes and Congress’ Vishnu Sharma got only 9,871 votes.
property / properties
- Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 2,05,16,378
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares in Companies: Rs. 18,70,000
- LIC or other insurance policies: Rs. 57,27,085
- Personal Loans/Advances granted: Rs. 7,49,976
- Motor Vehicle: Rs. 1,49,63,000
- Other assets, such as value of claims/interests: Rs. 4,56,69,776
Gross Net Worth: Rupee. 8,73,30,721
- Agricultural land : Rs. 30,00,000
- Non agricultural land : Rs. 4,55,00,000
- Commercial Building: Rs. 17,30,00,000
- Residential Building : Rs. 2,00,00,000
Total Fixed Assets: Rupee. 23,65,00,000
- Loans from Banks/Financial Institutions: Rs. 49,19,244
- Loan due to individual / institution: Rs. 4,21,181
- Any other liability: Rs. 1,95,140
Total Liabilities: Rupee. 42,61,603
His net worth as of 2022 is Rs. 319,569,118.
Facts / Trivia
- Ajitpal eats non-vegetarian food.
- Reportedly, Ajitpal had cycled to Patiala in 2012 to file his nomination for the 2012 assembly elections.
- In 2019, Ajitpal requested the Deputy Commissioner of Patiala to take action against the illegal site built outside the Government Rajindra Hospital in Patiala. He talked about this in an interview and said,
The husband of a Congress councilor has been illegally allotted a center at the behest of some influential people in the Patiala Municipal Corporation (MC). Even the Public Works Department (PWD) is with the councilor in this matter.
- He became the founder of the Young Progressive Sikh Forum, which aims to help and empower the underprivileged. During the COVID-19 lockdown of 2020, he actively participated in the Rotary Club, which helped the communities of Patiala.
- During the voting process in February 2022, he said the security arrangements were weak as there was no three-tier security system and the local police took over the security charge. In an interview he said,
There is poor lighting inside and outside the strong room and no CCTV cameras have been installed at the spot.
- He is a passionate animal lover and often posts their pictures on social media.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.