Ajmal Hakiqi is an Afghan model, fashion designer and YouTuber. In 2022, he came to the world’s attention after being charged and arrested by the Taliban’s Afghan General Directorate of Intelligence (GDI) for blasphemy.
Ajmal Haqiqi was born in Andar District, Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. He completed his primary education at Golkhaneh School and secondary education at Habibiya High School, Home of Legends. After completing his Intermediate, Ajmal Hakiqi earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Kabul Institute of Fine Arts. Ajmal then studied fashion designing in India at the AAFT School of Fashion and Design.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx): 75 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: dark brown
Body Measurements (Approx.): 40-32-15
Ajmal Haqiqi was born in a Muslim family.
parents and siblings
His father, Colonel Nadar Khan is an ex-Afghan National Army officer.
Not much information is available about his mother’s name or profession. Ajmal Hakiqi has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. He is the youngest among them all.
Ajmal Hakiqui is unmarried.
Ajmal Hakiqi believes in Islam.
Ajmal Hakiqi started his modeling career at the age of just 14. She is the founder of Hakiqi Fashion First Modeling Agency, Afghanistan’s first modeling agency. As a model, she has participated in many modeling competitions across the world. In 2020, she participated in a modeling competition called Fashion Show Festival. The competition was held in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. He was among the contestants from 16 different countries who participated in the show.
In December 2020, she participated in a fashion show held in Uzbekistan. In the fashion show, she displayed and represented the traditional costumes of the Nazanin tribe of Afghanistan.
In fashion shows, Ajmal Hakiqi represents his Afghani culture, as a result of which, he mostly wears Afghani cultural attire.
As a famous Afghan model, Ajmal Hakiqi appeared as a special guest in many Afghan national TV programmes.
During his modeling career, Ajmal has participated in many modeling competitions held in India.
allegation of blasphemy
In 2022, Ajmal Haqiqi and three of his friends were arrested by the Taliban-run Directorate General of Intelligence (GDI). He was accused of hurting the religious sentiments of 0f Afghan citizens. Ajmal Haqiqi and his friends had earlier posted a video of themselves, in which they were jokingly reciting holy verses of the Quran. However, the video was later taken down by the authorities and Ajmal Haqiqi and his friends apologized for inadvertently mocking the Quran.
Ajmal Haqiqi has KIA Retona.
Facts / Trivia
- Ajmal Haqiqi is a staunch supporter of good relations between India and Afghanistan.
- Since the Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan in 2021, Ajmal Haqiqi has regularly expressed his opinion through his social media not only against the Taliban’s illegal occupation, but also against the Taliban’s implementation of harsh laws.
- In 2022, after Ajmal Haqiqi and his friends were arrested by the Taliban on blasphemy charges, several well-known NGOs such as Amnesty International condemned the Taliban’s actions and demanded that the Taliban immediately release the prisoners. The NGOs also said that by arresting innocent civilians, the Taliban is trying to curtail the liberties of Afghan citizens. In an officially released statement, Amnesty International said,
Restrictions on the right to freedom of expression must be expressly provided for by law and must be strictly necessary and proportionate to a legitimate purpose. International human rights law does not allow restrictions of freedom of expression on the grounds that it has the potential to offend or offend nor to protect religious beliefs or the religious sensibilities of their adherents. This incident is a classic example of how the Taliban is creating an atmosphere of fear in Afghanistan through arbitrary arrests and coercion to silence people.
- On 5 June 2022, the Taliban forced Ajmal Haqiqi and his friends to upload an apology video, in which they said they were ready to accept the punishment they would be given by a Taliban court.
- Ajmal Hakiqi is a fitness enthusiast and lays great emphasis on maintaining physical fitness.
- Ajmal Haqiqi is a smoker. On several occasions, he has posted pictures of himself smoking on his social media.
- During the government of Mohammad Ashraf Ghani Ahmedzai in Afghanistan, Ajmal Haqiqi was made the cultural ambassador of Afghanistan.
- Ajmal Hakiqui is a model as well as a fashion designer. Ajmal Hakiqi has designed over 1200 traditional Afghan dresses by 2021.
- Ajmal Hakiqi is known for his generosity. He helps the poor and needy in Afghanistan.
- Ajmal Hakiqi is also an avid pet lover. He has a German Shepherd as a pet.
- Ajmal Hakiqi follows his hobby of horse riding passionately.