Akshay Anand is an Indian actor and director, known for his work in TV serials and films.
John Gardner was born on Thursday, 30 January 1969 (age 53 years; by 2022) in Delhi. He did his schooling from St. Xavier’s School, Delhi. In addition, he did his graduation in economics from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. Their zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Akshay comes from the family of William Linnaeus Gardner, who served with the 74th Highlanders. Akshay wanted to become an actor in his childhood, but with time his interest in business grew. Akshay lived in Calcutta (now Kolkata) for two years to pursue a career in the business. The name Akshay Anand was given to him by his mentor, actor and director Late Dev Anand.
Height (approx.): 5’8
Weight (approx): 70 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
Akshay’s father was a farmer and a businessman.
Akshay has an elder brother and a sister.
wife and children
Akshay is married to Roma Anand. Akshay Anand has a daughter named Anaya and a son named Ayaan.
In the movie
In 1991, Akshay made his Bollywood debut with the film Do Pal directed by Ravi Rai.
He came to be recognized for his acting skills. He worked in films like Aur Ek Prem Kahani (1996), Pyaar Ka Tarana (1993), Spotboye (1996) etc. Apart from Hindi, Akshay also worked in Malayalam and Kannada films. He has worked with celebrities like Alia Bhatt, Ajay Devgn, Ranveer Singh Etcetera.
In 1989, she made her television debut with the Hindi TV series, Indradhanush, which was based on time travel.
Later, he appeared in many other TV serials.
as a producer and director
Apart from acting, Akshay is also the producer and director of various web series under the banner of Anand Academy Productions. He has directed films like Jaane Kyun De Yaaron (2018). Akshay also runs an acting academy in Mumbai named Akshay Anand Acting Academy.
Akshay has a Ducati Monster 797 bike.
Facts / Trivia
- Before becoming an actor, Akshay worked in an NGO, Ayaan Vision.
- Akshay Anand also writes stories and screenplays.
- Addressing the media person about the changes in the acting industry, Akshay said that
Earlier, we never thought too much about the popularity or promotion of a show. While people recognized my talent and offered me work, I regret that I didn’t do my marketing properly. Otherwise, I would have been in a better position as an actor.”
- In an interview, Akshay revealed that when he entered the industry, he felt that John would not give any chance to someone named Gardner. Hence, after getting inspired by the actor late Dev Anand, he changed his name to Akshay Anand, who gave him a break in acting.
- Akshay Anand mentioned in an interview that his late father was offered to work in a film of Raj Kapoor, but could not work due to his busy schedule.
- Akshay is not very active on social media platforms.
- In an interview, Akshay said that his mother was his role model.
- Akshay said in an interview that the film Tamannaah was a life-changing film in his life.
- Akshay loves non-vegetarian food.