Alexander Wang is an American businessman. He is the youngest self-made billionaire in the world who founded his own company Scale AI at the age of 19. She is a maths and coding lover who participated in the National Maths and Coding Competition since childhood.
Alexander Wang was born in January 1997 (age 25 years; by 2022) in New Mexico, United States. Alexander studied at Los Alamos High School in New Mexico, United States.
after that he went
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: dark brown
parents and siblings
His parents were scientists who worked as physicists on US military weapons projects. He also has a sister named Jesse.
He started his career as a software engineer at Addepar in 2014 and worked here for less than a year. After leaving this job, he joined Quora as Tech Lead in 2014 and worked here till 2016. His job responsibilities included handling speed projects, goals and initiatives as a part of Quora’s infrastructure team. In 2016, he joined Hudson River Trading as an algorithmic developer and worked there for less than a year. In June 2016, he founded his own company, Scale AI, with the help of Lucy Guo, his former colleague at Quora. It is an AI data platform that has raised a total of $602.6 million with 7 rounds of funding by leading investors such as Accel, Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures and others. On 3 November 2021, his company acquired Siasearch, a German-based company that worked on intelligent data solutions. His last funding was on 22 August 2021 from a secondary market round and as of May 2022, his company Scale AI is valued at $7.3 billion. More than 300 companies, including General Motors and Flexport, use Scale AI. His company has made some major strides that have helped major businesses like Domino’s with AI capabilities.
in case you missed @techcrunch Excited to announce the launch of Mobility, Scale Mapping🗺️!
— alexandr wang (@alexandr_wang) 21 June 2021
In an interview with Forbes, Alexander spoke about the success of Scale AI, saying,
Our goal is to help them unlock the potential of data and supercharge their businesses with AI.
Awards, Honors, Achievements
- In January 2012, he was ranked 5th in the USA Mathematical Talent Search
- In January 2014, selected among the top 20 physics students for the USA Physics Team.
- In May 2022, he became the youngest self-made billionaire with a net worth of $1 billion.
Alexander Wang has an estimated net worth of $1 billion.
Facts / Trivia
- His company Scale AI analyzed the damage caused by Russian bombs on Ukraine.
- As of 2022, his company has three contracts to help the US Army and Air Force employ AI. These contracts are worth $110 million.
- Apart from English, he is also proficient in two more languages including Chinese and French.