Ambika Rao was an Indian actress and assistant director, who worked predominantly in Malayalam films . She was famous for her role as Baby’s mother in the Malayalam film Kumbalangi Nights (2019). He died on 27 June 2022 following a cardiac arrest.
Ambika Rao was born on Saturday 6th July 1963.age 58 years; at the time of death) in Kerala. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Color: salt and pepper
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
Ambika’s father’s name was Rao Chetan, who was a Marathi artist. He had five siblings, three sisters and two brothers. He has a brother named Ajit Warrier, who is a tabla player.
husband and children
The name of Ambika’s husband is not known, but in an interview she said that they got divorced in 1999. They had two sons, Rahul and Sohan.
According to some media houses, she lived near the Thiruvambadi temple in Thrissur at the time of her death.
Ambika made her acting debut in 2006 with the film Kisan in which she played the role of Ammalu.
She appeared in films including Lord Livingstone 7000 Kandi (2015), Virus (2019), Safe (2019), Kumbhalangi Nights (2019), and Papam Cheyyathavar Kallariat (2020), among others. The film Papam Cheyyathavar Kalleriyate was the last film he acted in before he died.
Ambika made her debut as an assistant director in 2002 with the Malayalam film Krishna Gopalakrishna.
She was an assistant director in the film Nagaram in 2007 and Daddy Cool in 2009.
In 2016, she directed the film ‘Smaarana’, which was shot in her own flat as she was facing financial issues.
Ambika passed away on 27 June 2022 in Ernakulam, Kerala due to cardiac arrest. Before his death, he was also diagnosed with Covid-19. He was admitted to the hospital in 2017 after kidney failure. In 2019, she was diagnosed with dialysis. In 2020, he spent all his savings on his brother, who was suffering from cardiac arrest and stopped his treatment. In 2020, he needed money for his treatment, for which he sought help from his fans. He wrote in a social media post,
Dialysis is taking a toll on my health; I am unable to work as before. Also, the lockdown and subsequent restrictions have severely affected the film industry and my job opportunities. We need more money to pay all the medical expenses. So, I thought of starting a fundraiser on Ketto.org to get help from people.”
Facts / Trivia
- Amika’s hobbies included hanging out with friends and painting.
- When she was a child, she used to go to the theater to watch movies with her father and siblings.
- After the divorce in 1999, she returned to films.
- Before debuting in films, he worked as a data entry operator and waiter.
- He was also asked to teach Malayalam to actors before becoming an assistant director. He also taught Malayalam Usha Uthup for different songs. She was often called ‘The Coach’ on the sets as she taught Malayalam to the actors.
- Ambika used to live alone in a flat in Kochi, and to get rid of the isolation, she used to let the actors stay at her place while shooting for her films.