Anahata Singh is an Indian squash player. She is known for winning many awards at a very young age. In 2022, Anahata Singh became the youngest squash player to represent India at the 2022 Commonwealth Games held in Birmingham.
Anahata Singh was born on Thursday, 13 March 2008.age 14 years; by 2022) in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He studied at the British School, Chanakyapuri, Delhi.
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: dark brown
parents and siblings
His father Gursharan Singh is a lawyer. His mother, Tani Vadehra Singh, is an interior designer. Both his mother and his father were hockey players. His elder sister Amira Singh is also a squash player.
Anahata Singh’s association with squash began when she was eight years old. Initially she was interested in playing badminton, but after watching her elder sister Amira play squash, she also started playing squash. In an interview, Anahata once claimed that she initially had no intention of taking up squash as a professional sport, and decided to pursue a career in it only after winning several local tournaments. In an interview he told,
I used to go with my sister and hit for 15-20 minutes but nothing serious as I was mainly studying badminton…My sister was playing a tournament in Bengal and I went along so I entered too. But then I started doing really well, I started practicing a lot. Badminton is a really popular sport that I could easily take up… but squash is something I enjoy a lot more. Instead of doing something more popular, I need to do what I enjoy the most. ,
Initially, he was coached by his sister and after that, he was coached by national level squash players like Amjad Khan and Ashraf Hussain. In 2019, he participated in the British Open Squash Championship, his first international tournament, where he won a gold medal in the Under-11 category. Later in 2019, Anahata Singh participated in the Asian Junior Squash Individual Championships and won a bronze medal. In 2020, he participated in the British Junior Open squash tournament and won a silver medal. Later in the same year, Anahata Singh participated in the Malaysian Junior Open squash tournament and won a silver medal. In December 2021, she participated in the US Junior Open Squash Championships, where she won a gold medal in the under-15 category. In the final, she defeated Egyptian squash player Jayda Marel by a 3–1 margin. Anahata became the first Indian female squash player to win the US Open Championship under any category.
In early 2022, she participated in the Dutch Junior Open and the German Junior Open and won gold medals in both tournaments. In June 2022, Anahata Singh participated in the Asian Junior Squash Championships in Thailand, where she won a gold medal in the under-15 category. In June 2022, he attended the national selection camp in Chennai. There, she managed to defeat her opponents to be a part of the Indian team for the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham. In an interview, she said,
I was surprised that I was selected because I didn’t think I would be able to make it, but I am very excited now. At first I was worried about being in camp with such experienced players, but they were really cute and very helpful, they helped me get comfortable and fit properly. ,
On 30 July 2022, she competed in her first senior level match at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, where she defeated Jada Ross by a 3–0 margin.
On 1 August 2022, Anahata Singh was defeated by Emily Whitlock by a margin of 3–1. In 2022, the Squash Racquet Federation of India (SRFI) announced that Anahata Singh would participate in the 2022 World Juniors Squash Championships in Nancy, France.
- In 2019, Anahata Singh won a gold medal at the British Open Squash Championships in the Under-11 category.
- In 2019, Anahata Singh won a bronze medal in the Asian Junior Squash Individual Championships.
- In 2020, Anahata Singh won a silver medal in the British Junior Open squash tournament.
- In 2020, Anahata Singh won a silver medal in the Malaysian Junior Open squash tournament.
- In 2021, Anahata Singh won a gold medal at the US Junior Open Squash Championships in the under-15 category.
- In 2022, Anahata Singh won a gold medal in the Dutch Junior Open tournament.
- In 2022, Anahata Singh won a gold medal in the German Junior Open tournament.
- In 2022, Anahata Singh won a gold medal at the Asian Junior Squash Championships in the under-15 category.
Facts / Trivia
- Anahata Singh idol worship PV Sindhu, ace badminton player. In an interview, Anahata once claimed that she initially took up badminton only because of her.
- In 2020, Anahata Singh was featured in the Paris 2024 Olympics promotional video for squash.
- In 2022, Anahata Singh became the top under-15 squash player in Asia. Prior to this, Anahata was India’s top U-11 squash player as well as Asia and Europe’s top U-13 squash player.
- Anahata Singh is part of the Virat Kohli Foundation (VKF); An NGO started by Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli To help and support budding athletes in India.
- In an interview, Anahata Singh expressed her desire to become a world champion and play for the Professional Squash Association (PSA). She also said that she wants to represent the country in the Olympics when squash is accepted into the Olympics.
- Apart from winning several international titles, Anahata Singh has won 46 national circuit titles and two national championships.