Hometown: Sivasagar, Assam
Age: 22 Years
• Social Media Influencer
|physical statistics and more|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 square meters
in feet and inches– 5′ 5″
|First entry||Playback Songs: Alackdale (2022)
TV: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champs (2009)
youtube: Ae Jibon Nohoi (This is not life), Antara Nandi’s Assamese song (2010)
|Awards, Honors, Achievements||• 2012: Star War Awards
• 2014: Young Achiever Award by Integrated Council for Socio-Economic Progression, Kolkata
• 2022: In 2022, his Geet Ya Devi won the title of “Best Music – Music Video” at the Delhi Shorts International Film Festival-15.
|Date of birth||11 December 1999 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||22 years|
|birth place||Sivasagar, Assam, India|
|school||• Budding Buds School, Tinsukia, Assam
• Delhi Public School, Ruby Park Kolkata
|university||• Symbiosis Center of Media and Communication
• Pune University
|educational qualification||• Bachelor in Mass Communication (2017-2020)
• Master of Arts (Music) (2020-2022)
|hobby||singing, reading novels|
|relationships and more|
|Guardian||father-Animesh Nadi (an employee at Epiroc)
MotherJui Nandi (engineer)
SisterAnkita Nandy (Singer)
|Meal||Biryani, Roasted Chicken, and Cake|
|singer||AR Rahmani, Lata Mangeshkari|
Some lesser known facts about Antara Nandi
- Antara Nandi is an Indian playback singer and a social media influencer. In 2022, she came into limelight after lent her voice to the Tamil song Alaikedale from the film Ponniyin Selvan: I.
- Antara was born in Sivasagar, Assam. Antara used to sing at the age of three. Later, her parents moved to Kolkata for Antara’s better training in music.
- At the age of four and a half, he began training in Hindustani classical music under Indian composer Ustad Rashid Khan in Kolkata.
- In 2009, Antara made her television debut with the reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs. In the reality show, she became one of the three finalists. In an interview, he recalled the television show and said,
At that time we had a driver brother who took me to school and tuition, with whom I planned to go to the auditions for the show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs and sent him to stand in the queue so that when it was my turn, He calls my mom and we have to go for it.”
- In 2010, he lent his voice to the Assamese music album E Jibon Nohoi Zuna Bandhu. Thereafter, she sang a Bengali music album titled ‘Iso Mato Lakkhi Devi’ (2011) and an Assamese music album titled ‘Tumi Ahiba Bulli’.
- According to Antara Nandi, at the age of 12, her youth caused a change in her voice, leading to a decline in her career; However, Antara decided not to give up. In an interview, he recalled an incident where he had received backlash for giving up his career in music. he quoted,
I remember a person calling me for feedback on a recording and said Antara, don’t sing, Gaana is your cup of tea, focus on your studies and be an engineer like your parents.
- Antara began her training at KM College of Music and Technology, Chennai, where she performed a musical, which earned praise from composer and college founder AR Rahman.
- In 2019, Antara, while pursuing her graduation, did a summer internship with Qiqi Digital Media and an internship with Viacom18 Media Pvt Ltd.
- In 2019, Antara appeared in YouTube’s talent hunt reality show ARRived. The reality show featured AR Rahman, Shah Rukh Khan, Shaan, Clinton Cerejo and Vidya Vox as judges. According to Antara, before the end of the YouTube show, she got an offer from AR Rahman’s studio to sing along with AR Rahman in the song ‘Nis Din’ from Jamin Show. In an interview, she said,
A few days before the finale, I was running to write my 2nd year final exam. That’s when I got a call from AR Rahman studio who sent me a ticket to come to Chennai. My parents told me that exams can come and go but I should catch a flight
- In 2020, amid the nationwide lockdown, Antara Nandi and her younger sister Ankita Nandi started a YouTube playlist titled ‘Balcony Concerts’ which went viral on social media. In music playlists, he used random things like salt containers, chopsticks and cups to create the background rhythm for the music album. In an interview, Antara talked about the playlist and said,
In high school, we started spending a lot of time with each other, documenting them in the form of songs and videos. That’s when we first put our videos on social media as Nandi Sisters where we used to sing songs using random things that you can find around the house.
Yes, random things like cups, slabs and chopsticks. We will be using the salt container as the shaker. Our goal then was to let people know that if you really want to make music, you can make it out of anything; You can make it anywhere and anytime. You don’t necessarily need a musical instrument or other musicians to accompany you at all times. And we went viral.
- Subsequently, she lent her voice to various music albums such as the Bengali song Gauri Elo (2020), the Maithili song Aai Re Badra (2020), and the Bengali song Purno She Diner Kotha (2020).
- In September 2022, she made her playback debut with the Tamil song Alakadale from the film Ponniyin Selvan: I. In the first week of September, he got a call from AR Rahman studio that his recorded song had been selected for the film Ponniyin Selvan: I. According to Antara, she sang the song before the coronavirus lockdown. In an interview, he recalled the Tamil song Alacdale, saying,
I couldn’t immediately remember which song they were talking about. It was two years ago and whenever I go to Chennai I sing a lot of scratch within a stipulated time. The sound engineer told me that I sang this song in forty minutes. I was panicking because normally it takes two to two and a half hours to record an original song.”
- In September 2022, Antara Nandi sang the Telugu, Kannada and Hindi versions of the Tamil song Alaikedale from the film Ponniyin Selvan: I.