Apeksha Porwal is an Indian model and actor. She has participated in many beauty pageants including Miss Universe and Miss India. In 2020, he played Ashish R. She debuted as an actor and rose to fame in the web television series ‘Undekhi’ directed by Shukla, in which she played the role of a girl named Koel. He has also worked as a supporting actor in a Hotstar television series ‘Dil Bekraar’ in 2021 and Bollywood film ‘Badhaai Do’, which released in 2022.
Apeksha Porwal was born in 1993.age 28 years; by 2022) in Mumbai, India. She did her schooling from Smt. Sulochana Devi Singhania School, Thane and then she completed her graduation in Economic Honors from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. She is very determined and believes in following your passion and fulfilling your dreams. At a very young age, she decided that she wanted to participate and win major beauty pageants.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Weight (approx): 55 kg
Hair Color: dark brown
Eye Colour: dark brown
Body Measurements (Approximately): 33-26-34
Apeksha belongs to a Hindu Marwari community from Rajasthan; Her family lives in Nashik and she lives in Mumbai.
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Sanjay Porwal and mother’s name is Sangeeta Porwal who is a yoga trainer. He has an elder sister named Abhilasha Porwal.
Apeksha has had a successful career in the modeling industry. She has participated in 7 beauty pageants and won a title in 5 of them. In 2015, she was a finalist at Femina Miss India, where she won the title of Fujifilm Miss Selfie. She has also appeared in TV commercials like Imperial Blue etc and has modeled for many popular brands like FBB, L’Oreal and Whisper. It was her childhood dream to enter the fashion industry and earn fame. During a live session, she claimed,
I started with Miss Teen, Miss India and finally Miss Diva. There were setbacks for sure, but in the end, when I competed in Miss Diva, I got my final victory!”
Theater & Movies
He is a trained law actor. He did a 9-month diploma program at the Jeff Goldberg Studios in Mumbai, where he studied method acting under Jeff Goldberg, who is an actor, director and a former faculty member at the world-class Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute in New York. America. Acclaimed actors Neeraj Kabi and Atul Mongia have also taught him acting under their tutelage. Deranged Vivah, which is a comedy theater production, made several hits across India in 2016-17 with Apeksha playing the lead role. She has also been a part of a play which was adapted from ‘Six Characters in Search of an Author’, a classical play by Luigi Pirandello, an Italian playwright. Jeff Goldberg Studios was the producer of both plays. In 2018, he was cast in the web series ‘Imperfect’ by Anand Tiwari.
Apeksha has been in the acting industry for only a few years and yet she has proved herself to be a great method actress. She has achieved a lot in the showbiz industry and got more work. Talking about his recent projects in an interview, he said,
With two releases in the form of Badhaai Do and Dekhi Season 2, I feel really grateful. When I started out as an actor, I wanted to play characters that would push me to push my limits as an actor. I was also keen to play diverse roles so that I can show my versatility as an actor and not get stereotyped. I am also fortunate to have worked with some incredibly talented actors early in my career. Sharing the screen with Bhumi Pednekar in Badhaai Do and Dekhi 2 with Dibyendu Bhattacharya was an amazing experience.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the title of Miss Teen India International in 2009.
- In 2015, won the title of Femina Miss India Delhi.
- In 2015, ranked first runner-up in Miss India Worldwide.
- In 2017, she secured the second runner-up position in Miss Diva.
- In 2017 she secured the second runner-up position in Miss Universe India.
- Meal: Pani Puri, Bombay Chato
- Players: Viswanathan Anand
- Cartoon: Tom and Jerry, Popeye
- web series: Game of Thrones, Shit’s Creek
- Movies: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Letters to Juliet, Snatch, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- sing: ‘Catch and Release’ by Matt Simmons
- quote: “One day your life will shine before your eyes, sure it’s worth seeing.”
Facts / Trivia
- Apeksha is a trained Kathak dancer and has also been a national level chess player.
- He is fluent in Hindi, English and Marathi.
- She prefers to go to the beaches rather than the mountains.
- His nicknames at home are Chicky and Shorty, and his friends call him Appy, Appleby, Peki and Mingu.
- In 2015, he co-founded a social venture called Janta Meals, which sets up restaurants in Mumbai’s slum areas and sells food at affordable rates.
- She loves reading classic novels and biographies and exploring unconventional places that have a history behind their existence.
- She loves to go on international trips and explore exotic places. She has been to Bali, Phuket and Istanbul.
- In an interview, when asked which law she would like to break, she replied, “Telecast the banned documentary ‘India’s Daughter’ across the country in multiplexes.”
- According to her, these are the three qualities that every woman should have, which are warmth, gentleness and elegance.
- Politeness, integrity and gentleness are the three qualities she admires in a man.
- The strangest rumor he heard about himself was that he and his group of girlfriends are gay.
- When asked about giving useful advice to the youth, he said,
Stop procrastinating and if you have a dream, fulfill it tirelessly and fearlessly. Pursue it until it becomes yours so that you can look back without any regrets, just the satisfaction of what you have achieved for yourself.