Arjun Harjai is an Indian musician, singer, composer and YouTuber, known for composing music for commercials and the Bollywood film industry.
Arjun Harjai was born on Tuesday, 28 February 1989.age 33 years; by 2022) in New Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces. Arjun studied at Laxman Public School, Delhi (1993-2006). Later, he did a Diploma in Audio Engineering from SAE College, Mumbai. Arjun completed his Master’s degree in Orchestration and Composition for Western Classical and Indian Classical Music Production.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Weight (approx): 75 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
Arjun’s father’s name is Madhusudan Harjai. His mother’s name is Lakshmi Madhusudan.
He has a younger brother Aditya Harjai.
wife and children
Arjun Harjai married Divya Harjai on 22 January 2018.
Arjun and Divya were in a relationship since their school days.
The couple has a son named Avyukta Harjai.
In 2013, Arjun Harjai made his debut as a singer with the song ‘I Love You Maa’ from the film Calapore.
Later, he lent his voice to various songs like; ‘Atyachari’ from Titu MBA (2014), ‘Kah Nahi Paunga’ from Guddu Engineer (2016), ‘Rahiya Ve’ from Prisoners of War: Bandhi War Ke (2016), Lucknow Central (2017), ‘Rangdari’ from ‘Laiyan’ ‘Vay’ from Jindua (2017), ‘Kis Raaste Hai Jaana’ from Judgmental Hai Kya (2019), and many more.
Arjun Harjai is actively involved in composing songs, background scores, jingles, themes, signature tunes and advertising music. In 2011, Arjun Harjai made his debut in the comedy film ‘Hair is Falling’ by composing the opening theme and original background score. In 2014, Arjun composed his first Bollywood song ‘O Soniye’ from the film Titu MBA. He has authored prestigious commercial jingles for leading brands like Dettol, Maggi, Cadbury, Berger Paints, Jio, Amazon Prime, Myntra, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Lenovo, Big Bazaar, Samsung, Maruti, Sprite, MTNL, Lovely Professional University, Ayur, Manhunt is composed. , Hillman, Marvel T, and more.
In an interview, talking about his interest in advertising, Arjun said,
Advertising will always be my passion as this is where I started. When I was part of the advertising industry I have generally been admired for my art. But I knew that my inclination and passion was always towards music. It’s an absolute pleasure to be a part of this wonderful music industry and now for me it’s just music.”
Arjun Harjai is the owner of a self-titled YouTube channel where he posts vlogs of his daily life. Apart from this, he also uploads videos of his musical compositions and song covers. Arjun has more than 1.6 million subscribers on his YouTube channel.
In 2018, Arjun Harjai was featured in the music video ‘Aaja Mahi’ Rashmeet Kaur, In 2019, he featured in the music video ‘Lage Nahi Maan’ with Shruti Prakash. In 2020, Arjun starred opposite Jonita Gandhi in the original Tamil single, Priyasakhi.
In 2021, Arjun Harjai appeared in the music video ‘Main Jaanu Na’ with Sonarika Bhadauria.
In 2022, he appeared in the music video ‘Na Jao’ featuring Surbhi Dashputra.
- 2016: Best Music Award for the song ‘Keh Nahi Paunga’ from the short film Guddu Engineer at the 5th Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival
- 2017: Abby’s Gold Award for the song ‘Rab Ki Baatein’ from the television show, Prisoners of War: Bandhi Yudh Ke
- 2017: AB won the Bronze Award for scoring the song ‘Rahiyan Ve’ from the television show, Prisoners of War: Bandhi Yudh Ke
Arjun Harjai has a Jeep Compass.
Facts / Trivia
- Arjuna is also known as AJ and Arjunam.
- In an interview, talking about his parents’ support in his music career, Arjun said,
My journey as a musician started a long time ago. I started learning at the age of two and a half from my parents Madhusudan Harjai and Lakshmi Madhusudan. I got a lot of exposure since childhood as my mother was a well-known artist of the Delhi recording circuit. I used to accompany him to his recordings and sit quietly next to the sound engineers and observe the entire recording process. The advertisement taught me the ghazals of artists like Mehndi Hassan Sahab, Ghulam Ali Sahab, Hussain Bux Sahab, Madhurani Faizabadiand and it helped me. Very much lies in my core foundation as a musician.”
- At the age of 8, Arjun learned western classical piano and tabla from the Delhi School of Music.
- In 2006, Arjun moved to Mumbai and joined Suresh Wadekar’s Gurukul to study Indian classical music.
- In 2018, during his school days, Arjun won the title of ‘Mr Popular’ and his wife Divya Harjai won the title of ‘Miss Fair and Lovely’.
- Arjun Harjai is often seen drinking with his friends at parties and events.
- Arjun is fond of cycling and has a Scott bike.
- According to Arjuna, if he had not been a singer, he would have been a scientist.
- In 2011, Arjun began assisting composer Lalit Pandit in his film projects such as Besharam and Dabangg.
- Arjun’s musical inspirations are Ghulam Ali Sahab, Madan Mohan and AR Rahmani,
- Arjun composed a tune for the song ‘Teen Pigeon’ using garbage cans, buckets, foot-tapping, mouth percussion, body percussion, whistling and clapping.