Some lesser known facts about Arun Sagar
- Arun Sagar is an Indian actor, art director and comedian who predominantly works in Kannada entertainment industry. In 2022, he came into limelight after participating in Bigg Boss Kannada Season 9, which was aired on Colors Kannada.
- In 1996, Arun Sagar made his film debut with the Kannada film Janumada Jodi in which he played a cameo role.
- Subsequently, Arun Sagar has made cameos in various Kannada films such as Parva, Chandu (2002), Poornami (2006), Just Math Mathalli (2010), Benkipatna (2015), and Sanju Weds Geetha (2011).
- In 2022, he appeared in the film RRR in which he played a cameo role of Ramcharan.
- In the 90s, Arun Sagar made his television debut with the kid show Taarle. Thereafter, she participated in various Kannada reality shows such as Maaja with Surja (2015), Comedy Circle (2015), Bengaluru Bene Dos (2015), and Kukku with Kirikku (2021).
- Along with acting, Arun Sagar is an art director. He has worked as an art director for various Kannada films like Shree Manjunath (2001), Dhoom (2002), Mayabazar 2016 (2020) and The Villain (2018).
- In a media interview in 2020, Arun Sagar said that he is directing a Bollywood film. He quoted,
You’re in a hurry! I haven’t logged in yet. But it is true that there is a plan to enter. A Marathi producer has given green signal to do my project. I am making a film keeping in mind the theme of Mallakamba. The film is based on real events and there are plans to make it as a historical film. For that I have studied a lot in the last two years. What is Star Finale? After everything is decided, I am going to speak in front of the media.
- According to Arun Sagar, he never got a chance to direct films and TV shows in Karnataka. He further shared that a few years back, he approached a producer with his story; However, the producer rejected his project. He talked about this in an interview and said,
Karnataka has offered me a position as an art director. I am also recognized as an actor. But somehow he never got a chance to become a director. Otherwise I should have become a director in Kannada about 12 years ago! It had the theme of wrestling. I had to show Pailwan for real. I am not used to saying that if the leader’s body is shown with gardi ghar and red soil and he makes hand gestures then it is a difficult task. So I created a story imagining Duniya Vijay as the hero. Rockline asked Venkatesh to prepare everything necessary for the story. But is he the leader of all wrestlers and the leader of the people? He suspected that the film was becoming a workout. The story did not continue again. I gave up trying.”
- In 2007, Arun Sagar lent his voice to a Kannada song in the film #73, Shanti Niwas.
- In 2021, he worked as a production designer for the Kannada film Kotigobba 3 (2021).
- Arun Sagar’s daughter Aditi Sagar is a playback singer. In 2022, he lent his voice to the Hindi song The Monster from the film KGF 2, in which his voice earned praise. In an interview, Arun Sagar talked about his daughter and son and said,
Daughter Aditi has won Chandanvan Critics Award, Mirchi Music Award and made her proud as a great singer. Son Surya Sagar has emerged as the winner of the Muay Thai Fighting Competition held in Thailand.