Ashwin Kaushal is an Indian actor known for his roles in TV commercials, TV shows such as ‘Goldie Ahuja Matric Pass’ and Hindi films including PK, Ghulam and Sardari.
Ashwin Kaushal was born on 22 February in Mumbai. Ashwin did his schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School (Mumbai) and then did his Bachelor of Arts from Mithibhai College (Mumbai).
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: dark brown
parents and siblings
His father, Kaushal Bharti, was a director and writer. He wrote themes and dialogues for films including Dil Diya Dard Liya, Phool Khile Hai Gulshan Gulshan and Hare Rama Hare Krishna. His father passed away on 16 January 2022 after suffering heart failure at the age of 87. He has a sister, Tanushree Kaushal, who is an actress.
wife and children
Ashwin Kaushal is married and has a daughter named Khushi.
Ashwin Kaushal made his debut in the Bollywood industry with the Hindi film ‘Damini’ (1993), which also starred Rishi Kapoor. He played the role of a rapist named Rakesh.
Ashwin appeared as Bhanu Singh in the 1995 film Kartavya. In the same year, he was cast in the film ‘Barsaat’ from where he rose to fame.
He acted in the films Ghulam-e-Mustafa (1997), Chandaal (1998), Safari (1999), and Madam Don (1999). Then after a gap of two years, he made his comeback in 2002 with Mulaqat. Ashwin Kaushal acted in Hindi films film ‘Rocky-The Rebel’ (2016), where he played the role of Vikram Singh. He was also cast in the horror film Atma in the year 2006. Ashwin was seen as Salim in Don Muthuswamy in 2008 and as DCP Mahadik in Kasam Se Kasam Se in 2012. His other contribution to Bollywood is in the films ‘D Saturday Night,’ ‘Two States’ and ‘PK’ in the year 2014.
Ashwin played the role of a bungalow owner in the action-thriller film ‘Baaghi 2’.
In 2015, Ashwin was cast by Disney Channel along with the actor Namit Shahi In the TV series “Goldie Ahuja Matric Pass”, where he played the role of a father who decides to go to school at the age of 40.
Ashwin Kaushal played the role of Mr Raj Kapoor in the TV series titled ‘Sunflower’ in 2021.
In 2018, Ashwin worked with actress Krystle D’Souza in the TV series ‘Belan Wali Bahu’.
He played the role of Raman Oberoi in the TV serial Tashan-e-Ishq in 2016.
Apart from these TV shows, Ashwin has also appeared in the Hindi TV series Chutzpa (2021), The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family (2018), Tu Aashiqui (2017), and Fire and Ice (2015).
Ashwin has worked in TV commercials.
Ashwin Kaushal made his directorial debut with the film ‘Mr’. Chang.’
In 1991, Ashwin was first cast as an assistant director in the film ‘Damini’ and then in “Nachnewale Gaanewale” in the same year.
Ashwin Kaushal wrote the dialogues for it Ekta KapoorFrom the TV series “Mano or Na Mano” (2006).
- the director: Rajkumar Santoshi
Achievements – Awards
- Ashwin Kaushal received Migration Excellence Award in 2017
Facts / Trivia
- Ashwin’s name is also spelled as Ashwin Kaushal Bharti
- It is seen that Ashwin Kaushal has some resemblance to the late actor Rishi Kapoor.
- In an interview, Ashwin Kaushal revealed that he takes antidepressants.
- Ashwin claims that Rishi Kapoor was his godfather.
- Ashwin had adopted a cat named Cinderella.
- During an interview, Ashwin revealed that he was very naughty in his childhood.
- In 2022, Ashwin collaborated with actor Shekhar Shukla in a free acting workshop organized by the Abhinaya Manch Abhinaya Academy, Bhopal.
- In 2017, Ashwin Kaushal participated in an event where he promoted ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’.
- Ashwin’s favorite quote is ‘Success has many fathers, defeat is an orphan.’
- In an interview, Ashwin said that after playing the role of a rapist in the film Damini (1993), he started getting calls only to play the role of a rapist. He said, ‘I used to get calls asking to go for rape and I used to go on raping. I became a rape specialist.”