Baba Siddiqui is an Indian politician and former Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) Vandre West Assembly Constituency, He was continuously elected to the post of Member of Legislative Assembly in 1999, 2004 and 2009. Earlier, he was also elected as Municipal Councilor twice in 1992 and 1997.
Baba Siddiqui was born as Ziauddin Siddiqui on Friday, 13 September 1957.age 64 years; by 2021) In Patna. He did his schooling at St Anne’s High School, Bandra. Later, he completed his graduation in commerce from MMK College, Bandra.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: dark brown
Baba Siddiqui belongs to a Muslim family.
parents and siblings
He is the son of Abdul Rahim Siddiqui and Razia Siddiqui.
wife and children
Baba Siddiqui is married to Alka Bindra, sister of Ranjit Bindra involved in Iqbal Mirchi case. After marriage, Alka changed her name to Shahzeen Siddiqui. They have a daughter named Arshiya Siddiqui and a son named Zeeshan Siddiqui. His daughter is a doctor and former politician by profession. His son is also a politician and was elected as a member of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly in 2019.
A: 13, Lokhandwala Building, Opp. Bandra Talav, SV Road, Bandra (West) Mumbai 400 050
In 1977, Baba Siddiqui joined the Indian National Congress (INC) as a juvenile member. He became a member of the National Students Union of India, Mumbai and participated in several student movements. In 1980, he became the General Secretary of Bandra Taluka, a part of the Bandra Youth Congress. Within two years, he became the President of Bandra Taluka. In 1988, he was elected as the President of Bandra Youth Congress. After serving as the President of Bandra Youth Congress for four years, he was elected as Municipal Councilor of Mumbai Municipal Corporation and held the position for two consecutive terms. In 1999, he was appointed as the Member of Legislative Assembly for Bandra West Assembly Constituency. Siddiqui was re-elected as a Bandra West Legislative Assembly MLA in 2004 and 2009. In 2000, the Government of Maharashtra appointed him as the Chairman of the MHADA Mumbai Board for a four-year term that ended in 2004. In 2004, he was appointed as the Minister of State for Food and Civil Supplies, FDA, Labor and Consumer Protection for the Maharashtra State Government for a period of four years. In May 2022, he left the Indian National Congress and joined the Rashtriya Janata Dal.
In May 2017, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) conducted raids at five locations related to the Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) scam. The suspects included 157 other persons, including Baba Siddiqui and some Congress leaders. The ED had conducted searches at various places in 2014 after an FIR was registered against Siddiqui and other suspects for money laundering of around Rs. 400 crores from SRA scam. However, the ED did not find anything and Siddiqui turned out to be innocent. After this matter, a Congress leader Sachin Sawant expressed his views on Twitter and wrote,
This is a pattern. The ED and the Central Bureau of Investigation harass the opposition. The government is trying to malign our image and suppress our voice. It is a gimmick to divert attention from the government’s failures and to intimidate the opposition. We will not be distracted and will continue to raise our voices.
- Mercedes Benz A180 Sport
- Mercedes Benz S Class 350 L
property / properties
- Cash amount Rs. 2,62,814
- Deposits in banks and other financial institutions up to Rs. 3,32,93,155
- Bonds of an amount of Rs. 45,07,966
- LIC and other sum insured Rs. 1,02,77,334
- Loans and advances given amounting to Rs. 7,69,60,000
- Motor vehicle amount Rs. 1,15,98,254
- Jewelery Amount Rs. 6,00,19,190
- Other property amounting to Rs. 10,43,15,366
- Agricultural land Rs. 1,85,000
- Commercial building amounting to Rs. 6,71,28,942
- The cost of residential building is Rs. 33,44,33,397
- Other immovable property Rs. 6,33,51,106
- Loan amount from banks Rs. 23,12,65,937
- Other liabilities amounting to Rs. 46,70,000
Baba Siddiqui’s net worth is Rs. 53.03 crore
Facts / Trivia
- In 2011, he provided Rs 1.18 crore from his Area Development Fund for the construction of an eco-garden in Bandra-Khar.
- As a Congress leader, he has worked of late Sunil Dutt And even today remembers him as his Guru.
- Siddiqui was trolled in April 2022 for making Shahrukh Khan Uncomfortable at your annual iftar party. A still went viral in which he lightly pushed her to pose for media reporters.