Hometown: Khidka Village, Haryana
Age: 94 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhagwan Devi
- Bhagwani Devi is an Indian non-age group athlete. She came into limelight by winning gold and two bronze medals at the World Masters Athletics Championships held in Tampere, Finland in 2022.
- In an interview, Bhagwani Devi claimed that she had started preparing for the Masters Athletic Championship in early 2022. He also claimed that he was helped by his grandson, Vikas Dagar, a renowned para-athlete, in his preparations for the tournament.
- Giving an interview to Aaj Tak, Vikas Dagar said that he came to know about his grandmother’s interest in sports when one night he asked her to give him the shot put with which he practiced. He told the media,
One night my grandmother asked me for my shot put. When I handed him the ball, he didn’t show any promising performance, maybe it was because of darkness. But in the morning he woke me up and asked for the ball once again. That’s when I came to know about his interest in sports. After that I took him out on the field and started preparing him for practice.
- In 2022, Bhagwani Devi participated in the Delhi State Masters Athletics Meet, in which she won three gold medals in the 100 m sprint, shot put and javelin throw.
- In May 2022, Bhagwani Devi participated in the 42nd National Masters Athletics Championships in Chennai. There he won three gold medals in the 100 m sprint, shot put and javelin throw.
- In 2022, after winning three golds, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) selected Bhagwan Devi as one of the athletes, to represent India at the World Masters Athletic Championships held in Finland.
- From 29 June 2022 to 10 July 2022, Lord Devi participated in the competition in Tampere, Finland. There she managed to win a gold medal in the 100 m sprint race and two bronze medals in shotput and javelin throw. In the competition, she managed to complete the 100 meters race in 24.74 seconds.
94 year old from India #god goddess Ji has once again proved that age is no bar!
He won the gold medal in #WorldMastersAthleticsChampionships He clocked 24.74 seconds in the 100m sprint event in Tampere. He also won bronze in shot put.
Really commendable effort!👏 pic.twitter.com/Qa1tI4a8zS
– Sports Department MYAS (@IndiaSports) 11 July 2022
- Bhagwani Devi in an interview expressed her desire to represent India and win more medals for the country in such international competitions.
- In an interview, Lord Devi said that she used to walk for 3 kms every day. Bhagwani told the media,
I walk 3 km daily. I also climb the stairs in my house to the third floor, all because I can be in a position in which I can participate in such competitions. ,
- After winning a medal in the competition, she was welcomed by many famous actors and politicians.
Complete monthly routine all over the world at the age of 94.
Globals Globals have the same properties as globals in globals.
The whole task is completed in your working task. pic.twitter.com/qEvyJxcBhC
— Manohar Lal (@mlkhattar) 11 July 2022