Bilal Musharraf is a Pakistani Actuary (Chartered Accountant) and an educationist. He is best known as the son of the former army chief of Pakistan and President General Pervez Musharraf,
Bilal Musharraf was born on Tuesday, 17 October 1972.age 49 years; by 2021) in Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Libra. Bilal Musharraf completed his schooling in various military schools in Pakistan. He is an alumnus of Military High School, Fauji Foundation College and Cadet College Hassan Abdal. In class 12th, he had chosen science as a subject of specialization. In 1989, after completing 12th, Bilal Musharraf joined the prestigious Lahore University of Engineering and Technology. In 1990, he left the University of Lahore and studied at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, from where, in 1994, he graduated with a degree in BS (Actuarial Science). In 2005, he joined the Stanford University Graduate School of Business and completed his MBA from the university in 2007. In 2006, Bilal joined Stanford University from where he earned his degree in MA (Education) in 2008.
parents and siblings
His father, General Pervez Musharraf, is a former Pakistani Army General. He was also the President of Pakistan from 2001 to 2008. He is also known for the mastermind of the 1999 Kargil War. His mother’s name is Sahba Musharraf.
His younger sister’s name is Ayla Musharraf. She is an architect by profession and is married to Asim Raza, a Pakistani film director.
wife and children
His wife’s name is Iram Aftab. He is a banker by profession.
The couple has a daughter together.
Bilal Musharraf believes in Islam.
In 1994, Bilal Musharraf started working with an automobile insurance company named Automobile Insurers Bureau. Till 1997, he worked there as an Actuarial Analyst. In 1997, at the same company, Bilal was hired as a senior . was promoted to
Facts / Trivia
- Pervez Musharraf named Bilal after a close friend of his, who was an officer in the Pakistani Army and died during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
- On 18 July 1994, while serving as the Director General of Military Operations (DGMO), Pervez Musharraf wrote a letter to his son, advising him to perform his duties with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Bilal Musharraf is a renowned global educationist, thus, he is invited to the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) every year.
- Salman Ahmed, the lead guitarist of the Pakistani band Junoon, who is also a good friend of Bilal Musharraf, once said Pervez Musharraf as a dictator. Bilal did not like this and so he wrote a letter to Salman expressing his anger.
- Bilal Musharraf is a staunch supporter of online learning. He believes that online learning platforms will someday revolutionize the field of education. In an interview, Bilal said,
We are living in a time where thanks to the Internet, and thanks to telecommunications, it is possible to make quality education universally accessible to all. For places where people do not have teachers, it is better to have open educational resources than not to have teachers, but the ideal situation is a qualified, competent teacher who has access to technology that enables the teacher to provide personalized support. . In situations where teachers are not available, online education provides an opportunity for self-directed learning.”
- Bilal Musharraf always supports his father, but he is averse to politics. Whenever he is asked any political question, he avoids the question.
- Bilal Musharraf is a man of clean image. He is known to be a self-made man because despite being from an influential family, he does not hold any significant position within the Pakistani establishment.
- In 2005, Bilal Musharraf came to India with his grandmother, as his grandmother’s last wish was to move to her ancestral hometown in New Delhi.