BVK Vagdevi is an Indian singer. She became popular after winning the singing show ‘Telugu Indian Idol’ in 2022.
BVK Vagdevi was born on Wednesday 3 July 2002.age 20 years; by 2022) in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh. He studied architecture at Sri Sri University in Cuttack, Odisha. He has done Diploma in Classical Music. He was interested in music and singing since childhood and his family supported his interest a lot.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
BVK Vagdevi belongs to a Hindu Family.
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Mrityunjay and mother’s name is Aruna. He has an elder sister named BVK Vaishnavi.
She started learning to sing at a very young age. In 2022, she participated in the Telugu version of the singing television show ‘Indian Idol’ and emerged the winner. In 2014, she also participated in the seventh season of the singing TV reality show ‘Paduthu Theega’.
- music director: ilayaraja
Facts / Trivia
- She gives all the credit for becoming a singer to her sister BVK Vaishnavi, who took music classes from Guru Balarka at home. In an interview, she said,
My sister used to learn music from Guru Balarka at home and I used to sing at the age of four. Vocal This interest convinced my mother to let me learn with my sister.”
- She and her sister have learned music for more than 10 years. Both the sisters hold diplomas in classical music and are learning Manodharma Sangeet. The musical duo are known as ‘Viva sisters’ in Nellore. Vagdevi’s sister Vaishnavi also participated in Indian Idol. She was among the top 18 contestants but dropped out after that.
- In an interview, talking about how he managed singing and studies together, he said that his teachers were very supportive of his singing and he loved it. He wanted her to fulfill her dream of becoming a singer. When she was late for class, her teacher would ask her to sing a song for them and then allow her to enter the class. she shared,
Our teachers support us in the arts, citing structural engineering teacher RK Raja, who begins the semester with songs by Vagdevi and her friend Vinam Kaushal.
- She became the winner of the Telugu Indian Idol show on 18 June 2022. When she was a part of the show, she was doing her internship at Signs Architects and Interiors. Once, on the show, he decided to leave his mark on the singer. Usha Uthup By performing the song ‘Aila Aila’, but she was not impressed by it. After winning the show, it was announced that she would sing at Geeta Arts once she became a professional singer. He shared his thoughts on winning the show and said,
I would like to thank the judges, mentors and everyone involved for the immense support and love I have received in these 15 week long journeys of Telugu Indian Idol. My hard work over the past few months has finally paid off with this achievement. Geeta Arts has given me a once in a lifetime opportunity which is no less than a dream come true for me. I am grateful to AHA for creating this opportunity-rich platform for many participants like me.”
- He received a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 10 lakhs. He did not keep the money and gave it all to his parents. Talking about the incident, he shared,
I gave the responsibility of prize money (Rs 10 lakh and additional Rs 5 lakh by sponsors) to my parents. I have just asked for Rs. 1 lakh for myself and I only got fifty thousand (laughs). But nothing can beat the fun and pleasure of spending my sister’s money. Apart from jokes, my family knows what is best for me and my job is to focus on music.”
- In 2018, she was crowned Ms Fresher in the college.
- BVK Vegadevi loves sketching and drawing and often posts pictures of her paintings on social media.
- He and his sister often perform duets at many festivals.