Nationality: New Zealand
|Date of birth||1971|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 years|
|birth place||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|the nationality||New Zealand|
|hometown||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|university||University of Canterbury
Harvard Business School
|educational qualification||• Masters of Commerce (Hons)
• Global Strategic Management Course
|Net Worth (Approx)||$17 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Campbell Wilson
- Campbell Wilson is a New Zealand businessman who is the CEO and Managing Director of Air India. He is the former CEO of Budget Career Scooters of Singapore Airlines and has over 26 years of experience in the aviation industry.
- He spent his childhood in Christchurch, New Zealand. In 1990, he attended the University of Canterbury to pursue a Masters of Commerce in Business Administration and passed out in 1994.
- He began his career as a management trainee at Singapore Airlines (SIA) in Auckland, New Zealand in 1996. A few months later, he became Sales Development Manager and held this position until March 1999, after which he became Regional Marketing Manager in Sydney. Australia. After a year, he was promoted to the position of sales manager, which he held for two years and nine months.
- For the next few years, he continued to work at Singapore Airlines in diverse roles. In June 2006, he became Vice President of Canada Region, after which he was promoted to become General Manager of Hong Kong Region in June 2008. Thereafter, he became General Manager of the Japan Region and held this position. One year and three months.
- In May 2011, he became Chief Executive Officer of Scoot. Scoot is the low-cost carrier of the Singapore Airlines Group. He left the position in June 2016 to serve as SIA’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. As Senior Vice President, he handled the business, global sales, pricing, distribution, eCommerce and branding and marketing of the Singapore Airlines overseas office. Mint In the same year, he pursued further studies and did the Global Strategic Management course. linkedin In April 2020, he returned and became the CEO of Scoot.
- In May 2022, he resigned as CEO at Scoot and on 12 May 2022 Tata Sons announced his appointment as the CEO of Air India.
- Mr. N Chandrasekaran, President of Sons announced the appointment of Cambell and said,
I am delighted to welcome Campbell to Air India. He is an industry veteran who has worked across major global markets in multiple assignments. In addition, Air India will benefit from its additional experience in building an airline brand in Asia. I look forward to working with him in building a world class airline. Bye
Campbell expressed his gratitude for the opportunity, saying,
It is an honor to be chosen to lead the prestigious Air India and be part of the highly respected Tata Group. Air India is on the cusp of an exciting journey to become one of the best airlines in the world, offering world-class products and services with a unique customer experience that reflects Indian warmth and hospitality. I look forward to joining Air India and Tata partners in the mission to make that ambition a reality. Bye