Hometown: Bagalkot, Karnataka
Marital Status: Married
Age: 57 Years
Some lesser known facts about Chandrashekhar Guruji
- Chandrashekhar Guruji was a popular Indian Vastu Shastra practitioner, TV personality and philanthropist, best known for his astrological consulting firm ‘Saral Vastu’.
- At the age of 16, after completing secondary school, he fulfilled his childhood dream of joining the army. However, he was rejected during the physical examination in the selection process due to his low weight.
- After completing his formal education, he moved to Mumbai in 1989, where he worked as a civil engineer in a construction company.
- After a few years, he ventured into business and established his own construction company. He suffered commercial loss in 1998 after being duped of Rs 15 lakh. Soon after, he was duped again for Rs 20 lakh. When Chandrashekhar was reeling from this loss, plans for a compass and a house started appearing again and again in his dreams. In 2000, he had a moment of epiphany after which his intuition guided him to integrate his architectural skills with astrology.
- As a result, he started observing construction and architecture in relation to the life related problems faced by family members living in different houses.
- In 2002, he founded CG Parivar Pvt Ltd, the parent company of CG Parivar, Manavguru, Saral Vastu, and CG Parivar IT Solutions Pvt Ltd (CGPITS). Saral Vastu and Manavguru deal in the field of astrology or Vastu Vigyan, meanwhile, IT solutions firm CGPITS provides services like consulting, digital marketing and content development. Apart from India, Manavguru has branch offices in the United States, Singapore and Canada.
- A became a household name when he started giving astrological advice in a show called ‘Saral Vastu’. The show was broadcast on Kannada channels Public TV and Namma TV, Gujarati channels TV9 Gujarati, and Marathi channels Jai Maharashtra, TV9 Marathi, Zee Marathi and Zee 24 Taas.
- In January 2013, he became a director of rubber products manufacturing company A1 Polytrade & Mfg Private Limited. He was also the director of C Guruji Infrabuild Pvt Ltd, which was concerned with the construction of buildings. In addition, he has also held the positions of Nominee Director at CG Parivar Solutions LLP and Additional Director at CG Parivar Foundation and Research Centre.
- A humanitarian, he adopted Godachi village in Belagavi district of Karnataka in 2015 and worked towards its social and economic transformation.
- He is a founding member of Sharansankul Charitable Trust.
- In 2014, he began his journey as a YouTuber when he started uploading videos on his channel ‘Saral Vastu’ on astrological advice on maintaining the balance of cosmic energies at home and workplace for growth and prosperity. On his channel, he guides his followers to overcome various life problems related to business, new construction, education, career, money, marriage, relationships and health. He had more than 12.9K followers on his channel.
- He started the Kannada information-entertainment TV channel Sarla Jeevan in 2016. Owned by CG Parivar Global Vision Pvt Ltd, the channel telecasts non-fiction programs focusing on mythology, history, travel and insights from Indian heritage and culture.
- In 2017, they launched the Simple Floor Planner app, which enabled its users to capture the layout of a house for analysis to identify and assess the balance of cosmic energy in space. He also launched a mobile application named ‘Saral Vastu’ which enabled its users to get regular Vastu guidance tips and stay connected with Chandrashekhar Guruji.
- Chandrashekhar Guruji started massive initiatives to serve humanity like Jeevan Samachar Mukt Gram, Shikshan Samachar Mukt Gram, Mass Marriage and Prevention of Farmer Suicide. In 2018, he established a school for underprivileged students in B Shigigatti village in Kalaghatgi taluk, Karnataka in 2018. While mass marriages focused on organizing mass marriage ceremonies for the underprivileged sections of the society, the Farmer Suicide Prevention Initiative helped distressed farmers. Other initiatives launched by him include ‘Saral Shiksha Abhiyan’ and ‘Manav Abhivardhi Abhiyan’.
- On 5 July 2022 at 12:23 pm, Chandrashekhar Guruji was brutally murdered in a private hotel in Karnataka’s Hubli district by two men named Manjunath Marevad and Mahantesh Sirur. Chandrashekhar was stabbed to death by two men, posing as his devotees, in full public view. Apparently, Guruji was on his way to Hubli to attend the last rites of a child in his family. At the reception, where Guruji was seated on a chair, one of them touched his feet for blessings, while the other pulled out a knife hidden in a white cloth and began beating him. Although Chandrashekhar was immediately taken to KIMS Hospital, he was declared brought dead there. The attackers, who fled the crime scene, were later arrested at Ramadurga in Belagavi, Karnataka.
- Mahantesh Sirur was a former employee of Sarla Vastu, where he looked after Guruji’s finances. Reportedly, Chandrashekhar ran a real estate business, constructing houses and apartments as per Vastu, under which he held disproportionate assets in the names of his employees, including Sirur. After Sirur quit his job at Sarla Vastu in 2016, Chandrashekhar tried to extort property worth crores of rupees from Sirur, which instigated Shiroor to murder him. Manjunath Marevad was also a former employee of Guruji. Shiroor’s wife Vanajakshi also worked in Sarla Vastu from 2005 to 2019. Although he was briefly detained by the police, he was soon released. Talking to the media about her husband’s gruesome crime, Vanjakshi said,
Guruji was a good person and my husband made a mistake by killing him. There was no dispute between us on financial issues. I am not aware of Guruji’s properties which are in my husband’s name. He had not returned home for the last 4-5 days. When I asked him he said he was busy.
- Chandrashekhar Guruji promoted the philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam, which means that the entire universe is one family.