Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal
Spouse: Abhishek Rai
Profession: Digital Marketing Specialist
Some lesser known facts about Chetan Sharma
- Chetan Sharma is an Indian digital marketing expert. On 3 July 2022, she came into limelight when she married her gay partner Abhishek Ray in Kolkata, India.
- In December 2012, Chetan Sharma joined as Mewar University
- In July 2016, Chetan Sharma joined Accenture in Gurugram, India as a
- In his spare time, Chetan Sharma likes to travel to far-flung places. He is a music lover.
- Apart from being a software engineer, Chetan Sharma is also a public speaker. He often lectures on digital marketing in several seminars and workshops organized by his organization.
- Chetan Sharma is a kind animal lover. He has a pet rabbit. He often shares pictures of his pet rabbit on social media.
- In June 2022, he was awarded “The Star Award” by Google Operations Centre, Gurugram, India.
- On 3 June 2022, he came into limelight when he married an Indian fashion designer Abhishek Rai from Kolkata. In a conversation with the media, Chaitanya Sharma said that they met each other in 2020, but before meeting each other, they were friends on Facebook for a long time.
- In a media interview, Chaitanya Sharma’s gay partner Abhishek Ray said that after the lifting of the COVID-19 lockdown in India, they went to Agra for a visit where Chaitanya asked Abhishek to marry her in front of Tak Mahal. According to Abhishek Ray, the marriage proposal was in film style. Ray said,
We traveled to Agra, where he proposed to me, very filmy The road is right in front of the Taj Mahal. Because, casually, I told him that I am a very Bollywood person and it was my dream to see the Taj Mahal with my partner. ,
- On their wedding day, Chaitanya Sharma wore a sherwani, and his gay partner Abhishek Ray wore a dhoti-kurta. Both dressed up like traditional Bengali grooms. Her wedding on 3 July 2022 was attended by her close friends and family members in Kolkata.
- During his marriage, he interacted with the media in which Abhishek Rai Expressed that in India, same-sex marriage was not legally acceptable and recognized, so he could not call himself legally married. he said,
I like to call it a wedding ceremony. I can’t call myself legally married but yes, I am Married and Chaitanya Is my husband.”
In the same discussion, Chetan Sharma commented that after being in a relationship with Abhishek Ray, he felt blessed and lucky to have the whole world. He continued to urge all members of the LGBTQ+ community in India to stand up for their rights and address all challenges with an inner spirit. Chetan Sharma said,
I feel blessed and fortunate to have Abhishek as my husband, life partner and best friend. He is a very kind and wonderful person. What else can I expect from a partner?”
- Chetan Sharma and Abhishek Rai On her wedding day, she mentioned in one of her interviews with a media house that while arranging her wedding ceremony, the biggest challenge she faced was finding Pandits from the Bengali and Marwari communities.
- Chaitanya Sharma remains quite active on various social media platforms. More than 2 thousand people follow him on Facebook and more than 1 thousand people follow him on Instagram. He is also active on Twitter. He often shares his pictures and videos on social media.