Age: 52 Years
Wife: Bharti Pai
|other names||Dinesh Mangalore book my show|
|profession||actor, art director|
|First entry||Film (Kannada): Asafota (1988)
|Date of birth||1 January 1970 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 years|
|School||Government High School in Kollur, Karnataka|
|relationships and more|
|Children||sons)– Surya Siddhartha (Actor), Sajan Pai
note: Surya Siddhartha has appeared in Kannada films Colorful (2015) and Days of Borapur (2018).
Some lesser known facts about Dinesh Mangaluru
- Dinesh Mangaluru is an Indian film actor and art director, known for his work in the Kannada film industry. He came into limelight with the popular pan-India film sequels KGF: Chapter 1 (2018) and KGF: Chapter 2 (2022), in which he played Shetty.
- His debut film, ‘Aasfota’ (1988), a political drama film, received various accolades including the Best Film Award at the 36th Filmfare Awards South.
- After making her debut in Chandan, she starred in the Kannada films Nagamandala (1996), Jade (1999), and Smile (1999).
- In 2007, he played the role of Sitaram Shetty in the Kannada crime drama film ‘Aa Dinagalu’. The film’s central character, Chetan, is a businessman who struggles to save his girlfriend, Mallika, from an underworld don named Kotwal Ramachandra. Don is hired by Chetan’s conspiratorial father to get rid of Mallika. Kotwal’s right hand in the film is Sitaram Shetty.
- Dinesh Mangaluru appeared in the Kannada biographical film ‘Attahasa’ in which he played the role of Minister Nagappa. The film is based on Veerappan, a forest robber who was notorious for kidnapping politicians for ransom. Minister Nagappa was one of the politicians who were kidnapped by Veerappan.
- In 2014, he starred as a local gangster-cum-businessman named Shankar Pujari in the Kannada neo-noir crime drama anthology film Ulidavaru Kandante.
- In the Kannada action thriller film ‘Rana Vikrama’ (2015), Dinesh Mangaluru played the role of Kulkarni, an MLA from the ruling party of Maharashtra.
- Other acting credits under his belt include the Kannada films Ricky (2016) and Kirik Party (2016).
- He rose to popularity playing the role of Shetty in the pan-India period action film sequels KGF: Chapter 1 (2018) and KGF: Chapter 2 (2022). The film series focuses on Rocky, a high-ranking assassin in Mumbai, who was born into poverty. In the film, Rocky, in search of power and wealth, comes to Bombay as a child, where he works for Shetty, a prominent gold smuggler.
- Later, she starred in the Kannada film ‘Senapura’, in which she shared the screen with her son Surya Siddhartha. Another film in which the father-son duo starred together is Days of Borapura (2018).
- As an art director, he has worked in various Kannada films including Chandramukhi Pranasakhi (1999), Veera Madkari (2009), and Vriksham (The Tree) (2019).
- In 2021, Dinesh Mangaluru uploaded an old picture on his Facebook account that showed him with the former President of India A P J Abdul Kalam at an award ceremony.
- An ardent animal lover, Dinesh uploads many pictures of street and pets on his Facebook account.