Age: 37 Years
Height: 5′ 11″
Some lesser known facts about Dinesh Shetty
- Dinesh Shetty is an Indian entrepreneur, best known for winning the show ‘India’s Ultimate Warrior’ in 2022 on Discovery Plus.
- When he was a teenager, he was the head boy of the school and the general secretary of the college.
- When Dinesh was young, his weight was 100 kg. In an interview, he shared what inspired him to lose weight and said,
I gained a lot of weight during my working days and reached around 100kg. I was overweight and one day at a mall I looked at myself in the big mirror and boom, that day I realized I had to get back in shape. I started slowly and saw where I was. I always say that if I can do it, anyone can do it and that too without a fancy diet. You can opt for a healthier lifestyle and watch the magic happen with your determination.”
- In 2022, he won the show India’s Ultimate Warrior by defeating sixteen contestants on the show. He received prize money of Rs. 2 million. He also received lifelong training in Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand. In an interview, he talked about the show and said,
I am grateful to Discovery for coming up with such a concept and giving people like me a platform to showcase their skills and passion. The ultimate warrior of India has also enabled me to form some bonds for which I will be forever grateful. I am delighted to have Michael Hawke as my mentor, who has done everything in my power to push my limits and help me shine. Also, it was an honor to have the incredible Vidyut Jammwal as our dojo master, who led us with utmost patience and spirit. ,
- After winning the show, Discovery Plus shared a post on Instagram and wrote,
Entered the ring as a businessman, left as a warrior! Introducing #IndaisUltimateWarrior – India’s new great warrior: Dinesh Shetty.”
- In an interview, he said that he participated in the show because he wanted to see what he was capable of. He also said that he was never away from work for so long. He was proud of the hat he got from his mentor Michael Hawke who is the Green Beret in the US Army on the show.
- Dinesh is the founder of the event management company ‘Production Crew’. The company was established in 2009.
- He is also an active social worker and runs an NGO ‘Footsteps’ along with his friends.
- He is a passionate animal lover and has saved a one-eyed horse. He also runs an equestrian school.
- He is often seen consuming hookah on several occasions.
- Dinesh is a fitness enthusiast. His fitness regime includes boxing, cross-fit, weight training and horse riding.
- He often posts videos about a healthy lifestyle on social media.
- He also practices Kalari which is an Indian martial art that originated in Kerala.
- He is a follower of Lord Shiva as he has many tattoos of Lord Shiva on his body.