Wife: Shweta Rawal
Hometown: Ahmedabad, India
Some lesser known facts about Dipen Rawal
- Dipen Rawal is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Gujarati films and television shows. Dipen popularly known for playing the role of Bapuji in the Gujarati film Chhelo Show (English title ‘Last Film Show’) was released on 20 September 2022 under Best International Film Federation of India to compete at the 95th Academy Awards. was chosen by. Feature film category.
- After completing his graduation, Dipen worked as a pharmacist, but he was passionate about acting and always dreamed of becoming an actor. To fulfill his aspirations of becoming an actor, Dipen quit his job as a pharmacist and started working as a theater artist.
- Dipen actively participated in various stage plays and theatrical productions. Some of his plays include Pankh Veena Na Patangiya, Ekla Chalo Re as Nikhil, Tam Josh Ma To Aam Honsh Ma, Vikalp, Salo Karave Gotalo and Patni Chhe To Life Che.
- Dipen worked as a director for the play Salo Karave Gotalo.
- In 2016, Deepen appeared in two Gujarati comedy films, Grand Hali and Navari Bazar.
- Later, Deepen appeared in some Gujarati films like Bhanwar aso Billubhai (2017), Ratanpur (2018), Locked in Lockdown and Fee on Fire Revenge (2022).
- In April 2017, Deepen appeared as a judge on the Hindi television show Savdhaan India: India Fights Back on Life OK.
- In September 2019, Dipen was invited to judge a theater event of the Gujarat Technological University (GTU) at the Polytechnic College, Ahmedabad.
- In July 2020, Dipen Rawal along with his wife, Sweta Rawal, starred and directed the comedy web series Wife Maari 5G on YouTube. The series is based on the concept of showing the relationship between husband and wife.
- Deepen’s film, Chhelo Show, premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2021.
- In January 2022, Deepen starred in two Gujarati television shows, Soorth ni Mrs Singham as Vikramsinh on Colors Gujarati and Prem ni Bhavai as Mukulesh Inamdar on Colors Gujarati.
- In 2022, Deepen played the role of a lawyer Rahul Shastri in the film Bawri: The Silence of Women. In the same year, Dipen starred in the film Chhelo Show in which he played the role of Bapuji, directed by and produced by Pan Nalin. Siddharth Roy Kapur, In an interview, when asked about his role in the show Chhelo, Dipen said,
While making this film, we knew it was something different. In the film, I am playing the role of Samay’s father. Early on in film, I’m opposed to going and working for the film industry of the time. But later I realized that my son was right. It’s (almost a) very interesting relationship between father and son.”
- In 2022, Dipen Rawal appeared in an advertisement for the Super Doco brand.
- In an interview, when asked about the selection of Gujarati film Chhelo show in Oscar 2023, Deepen expressed his excitement and replied,
It’s like a dream come true for me. I am extremely happy because for the first time a Gujarati film has got an official entry for the Oscars. A very proud moment for the Gujarati film industry.
- During the shooting of the film Chelo show at Dhari in Amreli district of Gujarat, a group of lions entered the sets of the film. In an interview, Deepen talked about the difficulties he faced during the shooting of the film and said,
We faced difficulties during the shoot. The entire film has been shot in Dhari, Amreli, Gujarat. There was a time on our set when the lions entered. We also shot in heavy rain but enjoyed a lot. It is a kind of autobiography in itself.”
- Pan Nalin, director and writer of the film Chhelo Show, won the Best Feature Film award at the 3rd International Gujarati Film Festival (IGFF) in Atlanta, USA.