Divya Deshmukh is an Indian chess player from Maharashtra who became the National Women’s Chess Champion in 2022.
Divya Deshmukh was born on Friday, 9 December 2005.age 16 years; by 2022) in Nagpur, Maharashtra. Their zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He did his schooling from Bhawan’s Bhagwandas Purohit Vidya Mandir, Nagpur.
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
Divya’s father’s name is Dr. Jitendra Deshmukh, who is a Gynecologist. His mother’s name is Dr. Namrata Deshmukh, who is also a Gynecologist. He has a sister Arya Deshmukh, who is studying law.
- 2012: Asian School Chess Championship (two medals)
- 2012: National Championship, Pondicherry
- 2013: Asian Youth Chess Championship
- 2013: National Championship, Chennai
- 2014: World Under 10 Girls Chess Championship in Durban, South Africa
- 2014: Asian Youth Championship
- 2014: School (Sports) Federation of India Championship
- 2016: Asian Youth Championship (two medals)
- 2016: National School Championship
- 2017: World Cadet Chess Championship in Pocos de Caldas, Brazil
- 2017: Asian Youth Championship
- 2017: National Under-13 Girls Championship
- 2019: Commonwealth Championship
- 2020: FIDE Online Chess Olympiad
- 2014: National Chess Championship
- 2015: National Championship
- 2016: Asian Youth Championship
- 2012: National School Chess Championship
- 2014: National School Championship
- 2015: World Youth in Under 10 Girls category in Halkidiki, Greece
- 2016: World Youth Championship
Facts / Trivia
- It has a FIDE rating of 2301 as of February 2022.
- Her hobbies include painting, archery and flower breeding.
- Divya started practicing chess at the age of six. Before playing chess, she used to play badminton, but due to her short height, she had to change the game.
- In an interview, Divya’s mother had said that Divya used to notice her father who used to play chess as a hobby and was interested in the game. She was five years old when she won her first prize.
- In 2021, she became the 21st female Grand Master (WGM) of India after receiving her second International Master (IM) at the Grand Master held in Budapest, Hungary.
- In March 2022, she became the first senior national women’s chess champion from Nagpur after Koneru Humpy, who won it in 2003. After winning the national tournament, he shared his feelings and said,
It’s hard to believe but I have to believe. I had no expectations going into this tournament as I wanted to give my best.
- In 2022, she became the number 2 female chess player in India.
- In March 2022, the Maharashtra Chess Federation honored him with a cash prize of Rs. 50000 for winning the MPL 47th National Women’s Championship held in Bhubaneswar.
- In an interview, her coach RB Ramesh spoke about Divya and said,
Divya is a very talented and hardworking girl. She is making steady progress in her playing prowess and as a result her ratings are also rising steadily. She is very confident about herself and at the same time does not doubt her abilities. I am very happy that he has very well deservedly won the world title.”
- She takes inspiration from chess player Viswanathan Anand.
- She is a passionate animal lover and often posts their pictures on social media.