Fiance: Sachin Pratap
Age: 24 Years
Hometown: Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
Some lesser known facts about Divya Kakrani
- Divya Kakran is an Indian freestyle wrestler. She has won over 70 medals in various wrestling competitions, including 17 gold which she won in the Delhi State Championship. He has also been awarded the title of ‘Bharat Kesari’ eight times.
- She grew up in New Delhi, India.
- In 1990, his father, Surajveer Sen, moved to Delhi to become a successful wrestler; However, he did not get the desired success and returned to his native village, where he started selling milk, but this business also failed. Later, he again moved to Delhi, where his wife began sewing ‘nappies’, an undergarment commonly worn by male wrestlers in India. Surajveer started selling these nappies in dangals (wrestling matches), and he used to bring his son, Dev Sen and daughter, Divya Kakran to these wrestling matches, where Divya along with her brother would watch the various moves of the wrestlers and their Used to practice House.
- His father wanted his son to become a wrestler, and Divya would often see her brother during various wrestling matches. According to Divya, she started practicing wrestling at the age of eight, and her talent was first noticed when she defeated a boy in a wrestling match in 2010.
- In an interview, Divya talked about her family’s poor financial condition and recalled how she would compete in wrestling matches after consuming a pack of glucose, which cost her Rs. 15.
- According to Divya, the credit for all her success goes to her brother. she says,
He left his education, wrestling career and everything for me. I sometimes have to go to wrestling camps in Lucknow which last for two-three months. I get hostel accommodation for camp, but my brother stays in hotel rooms to stay with me.”
- In 2011, at the age of 13, he won a bronze in the Rural Games held in Haryana. In the same year, he won the Rajiv Gold Cup and silver medals in the national sporting event.
- In 2012, at the age of 14, he won a gold medal in the Rajasthan Kesari competition held in Bharatpur, Rajasthan.
- In 2013, she won her first international medal at the Asia Championships held in Mongolia; He won a silver.
- In the same year, she finished fifth in the World Championship held in Serbia. Reportedly, in the final, his opponent punched him inappropriately, after which he was banned from wrestling competitions for two years.
- In 2019, she joined Indian Railways as a Senior Ticket Examiner.
- In 2020 and 2021, she became the first Indian woman to win two consecutive gold medals at the Asian Championships. Earlier, Indian wrestler Sarita Mor had won a gold medal in the 59kg category.
- In 2018, he won the Bharat Kesari title at a wrestling event held in Bhiwani, Haryana; She defeated Ritu Malik in the final. In the same competition, he defeated Geeta Phogat, Divya Kakran has won the title of Bharat Kesari 14 times.
- According to Divya, early in her wrestling career, she had to sell her mother’s jewelry so that she could afford Rs. 1 lakh in National Games; However, he later got that jewel back after winning several wrestling matches.
- According to Divya, she practices about two thousand sit-ups daily.
- Many prominent personalities including the Prime Minister Narendra Modi Often praises Divya for her achievements.