Age: 56 Years
Hometown: Karnataka, India
Some lesser known facts about Dr M Srinivas
- Dr M Srinivas is an Indian physician from Karnataka, India. On 9 September 2022, he was appointed as the Director of AIIMS for a term of five years or till he attains the age of 6 years, whichever is earlier. The order of his appointment was issued by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by the Under Secretary, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and the Prime Minister of India. Narendra Modi,
- After completing his formal education, Dr. M. Srinivas started working as Professor in the Specialist Division in the Department of Pediatric Surgery, AIIMS, Delhi and then, he was appointed as Dean in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), Medical College. appointed as. and hospital in Hyderabad in 2016. Dr. M. Srinivas was given the responsibility of reviving the ESIC Hospital and Medical College in Hyderabad.
- In September 2022, Dr. M. Srinivas started working as the Director of AIIMS and succeeded Randeep Guleria, who was in the position since March 2017.
- Dr. M. Srinivas mentioned in the media interaction that the success of an institution was the success of a system. Dr M Srinivas said,
Building institutions is important. There is no person. Today we are here, tomorrow we will not be there. That’s why order is important. If this institution surpasses me, it is not my success. This is the success of the system.”
- Nagaraj, younger brother of Dr. M. Srinivas, told the media that during the tenure of M. Srinivas, many remarkable reforms were done in several departments of ESIC in Hyderabad. These reforms led to the appointment of Srinivas as the director of AIIMS, he said. Nagraj said,
The Department of Health and Family Welfare has witnessed remarkable changes made by him in ESIC, Hyderabad. During his tenure, ESIC reformed all sections, which helped him emerge as the head of AIIMS, New Delhi.
- His younger brother Nagraj is a dentist. Nagaraj worked as Dean in ESIC (Employees State Insurance Corporation) in Kalaburagi. In 2022, Nagraj was shifted to ESIC, New Delhi. In a media interaction, Nagraj revealed that Srinivas wanted to do civil service; However, he eventually chose the medical field. Nagraj said,
Nothing is impossible if a student points towards the goal of his life and works hard to achieve it. My brother is an example to the younger generation.”
Dr. M. Srinivas, Dean, ESIC, as the new Director of Medical College and Hospital, Hyderabad #AIIMSDelhi today for a period of 5 years. #AIIMS Director pic.twitter.com/MEzBk4GonZ
— Priyanka Sharma (@journo_priyanka) 23 September 2022