Hometown: Darbhanga, Bihar
Age: 38 Years
Marital Status: Married
Some lesser known facts about Durgesh Kumar
- Durgesh Kumar is an Indian actor best known for his character Aadu in the Hindi film Highway and for playing the role of Bhushan in the OTT web series Panchayat.
- In 2001, Durgesh came to Delhi to pursue engineering, however, after failing in the entrance examination, he decided to join theatre. He did about 35 theater plays.
- After joining the school’s national drama in Delhi, he became a part of NSD’s repertory company, through which he got his first acting break in the Hindi film Highway.
- Durgesh told a media person that his family was his biggest support during his struggling days. It was his elder brother who suggested Durgesh to join theatre, after failing to crack the engineering entrance examination.
- While addressing the media about his character in Panchayat 2, Durgesh said that
Doing small roles in various web series is the ninth spot after the release of Panchayat 2. “I am really surprised because my character of Bhushan or Banarkaas has become such a hit. In fact, when I was performing I didn’t know that people would like it so much. I give full credit to the writer and director of Panchayat 2 for making Banaras.
- Durgesh likes to read books in his spare time. Shakespeare William’s book Hamlet is one of his favorite books.
- Durgesh loves to cook. He is often seen posting pictures of his cooking on social media sites.
- In 2021, during the pandemic, Durgesh was part of a show called Eco Warrior which dealt with Corona and environmental problems.
- Durgesh is an active member of Aranya Theatre.