Durgesh Kumar is an Indian actor best known for his role as Aadu in the Hindi drama film Highway. He is an actor trained from the National School of Drama.
Durgesh Kumar was born on Sunday 21 October 1984. age 38 years old; by 2022) in Darbhanga district of Bihar. In 2001, Durgesh came to Delhi to pursue engineering to lead a stable life, however, he did not clear any engineering entrance exam, so he started doing theatre. Durgesh used to attend workshops in the theater and due to this his interest in acting grew. He performed in theaters for almost three years and did shows across India from 2001 to 2013. He did a two-year diploma course at Shri Ram Center for Performing Arts, Delhi and later, a three-year diploma course from the National School. Drama, Delhi. Durgesh has also done Hindi Honors from an open university named IGNOU. In 2014, he moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting.
Height (approx.): 5’6
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: brown
parents and siblings
Not much is known about Durgesh’s parents. He has an elder brother, who has supported him a lot during his struggling days in Delhi.
wife and children
Durgesh has two children a son and a daughter.
In 2014, Durgesh made his acting debut with the Bollywood film Highway directed by Imtiaz Ali. He played the character of Peach and achieved long screentime and recognizable presence in a supporting role.
He was seen in films like Sultan (2016), Freaky Ali, Sanju (2018), Dhadak (2018), Dil Bechara (2020) and many more. Durgesh was also seen in short films like Bukhar (2021) and Qadir.
In 2019, Durgesh made his OTT debut in the comedy web series Virgin Bhaskar, in which he played Batuknath. The series was released on 19 November 2019 on ALT Balaji and ZEE5. Later, he was seen in several web series like Scorpion Ka Khel, Serious Men, Candy etc. He received immense love from the audience for his role as Bhushan in Amazon Prime. Web Series Panchayat.
Facts / Trivia
- According to Durgesh, his family supported him a lot during his struggle.
- Durgesh considers actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui as his inspiration.
- While addressing the media about his character in Panchayat 2, Durgesh said that
Doing small roles in various web series is the ninth spot after the release of Panchayat 2. “I am really surprised because my character of Bhushan or Banarkaas has become such a hit. In fact, when I was performing I didn’t know that people would like it so much. I give full credit to the writer and director of Panchayat 2 for making Banaras.
- Before joining the National School of Drama, Durgesh had performed in around 35 theater plays. Durgesh was also a part of the National School of Drama’s repertory company, through which he got an opportunity to work in the Hindi film Highway.
- Durgesh is not active on social media platforms.
- Durgesh enjoys reading books in his spare time. Shakespeare William’s book Hamlet is one of his favorite books.
- In 2021, during the pandemic, Durgesh was part of the Eco-Warriors show, where he talked about Corona and environmental problems.
- Apart from reading books, Durgesh also enjoys cooking in his spare time.
- Durgesh is an active member of Aranya Theatre.