Eknath Shinde is an Indian politician. He was appointed as the Cabinet Minister for Urban Development and Public Works (Public Undertakings) in the Government of Maharashtra in 2019 soon after he won the assembly elections from the Kopri-Pachpakhadi constituency of Thane, Maharashtra on a Shiv Sena ticket. He was elected as Member of Legislative Assembly in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for four terms including 2004, 2009, 2014 and 2019.
Eknath Shinde was born on Sunday 9 February 1964.age 58 years; by 2022) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. In 1981, he completed his 11th class at Mangala High School and Junior College, Thane. In 2014, after joining politics, when he became a minister in the BJP-Shiv Sena government, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Yashwantrao Chavan Open University, Maharashtra. His main subjects were Marathi and politics.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Sambhaji Navlu Shinde. His mother’s name is not known.
wife and children
He is married to Lata Eknath Shinde who is in construction business. The couple has a son named Shrikant Shinde who is a politician and an orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Shrikant Shinde contested the Lok Sabha elections from Kalyan constituency in 2014 and was elected as a Member of Parliament by defeating his rival NCP’s candidate Anand Paranjpe.
He lives in Bungalow No. 5 & 6, Landmark Society, Louiswadi Service Road, Thane-400604, Maharashtra.
Eknath Shinde studied till class XI and dropped out to earn a living for his family. In the 1980s, when he was in a small job, he was introduced to Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray and Shiv Sena’s Thane district chief Anand Dighe, who helped him join the Shiv Sena. Soon after joining Shiv Sena, he was elected as the branch chief of Kisan Nagar in 1980. Thereafter, he started several political and social rallies which focused on issues like inflation, black marketing, hoarding of essential commodities like palm. Oil etc. by traders. He was detained by the police for forty days for his participation in the Maharashtra-Karnataka border movement. He was appointed as a councilor of Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) in 1997. In 2001, he was nominated as the Leader of the House in TMC, and served in the position till 2004. After the demise of Anand Dighe, he was appointed. As the head of Thane district in 2001. Gradually, the Shiv Sena under the guidance of Eknath Shinde ruled the Thane Municipal Corporation, Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation, Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation, Bhiwandi Municipal Corporation, Ambernath Municipal Council and Badlapur Municipal Council. in 2004, Bal Thackeray He was given a chance to contest the assembly elections, and he was elected as MLA from Thane Legislative Assembly Constituency by a huge margin of votes. In 2005, Shiv Sena named him as Thane district chief. Successive Legislative Assembly elections in 2009, 2014 and 2019 were won by him due to which he was appointed as Leader of Legislature Party of Shiv Sena and Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly. Eknath Shinde was named as the Minister of Public Works in December 2019. He was given additional duty as the chairman of Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC). In 2019, he was named as the Health Minister of Maharashtra, and soon, he made headlines for filling up 890 posts of MBBS doctors and specialists in several hospitals, to pay salaries to contract workers under the National Health Scheme. rules issued. To authorize dialysis centers in sub-district hospitals, 60 dispensaries under ‘Balasaheb Thackeray Aapla Dawakhana’ scheme. He also started a Mahaveer Jain Hospital in Hazuri, Thane in a joint venture with Thane Municipality and an NGO named Jeeto. He was named as the Minister of Public Works Department (Public Undertakings) in 2019 with the additional responsibility of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
property / properties
- Deposits in Banks : Rs. 32,64,760
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 30,591
- LIC or other insurance policies: Rs. 50,08,930
- Personal Loan/Advance: Rs. 1,89,247
- Motor Vehicle: Rs. 46,55,490
- Other assets : Rs. 50,44,948
- Agricultural land : Rs. 28,00,000
- Commercial Building: Rs. 30,00,000
- Residential Building : Rs. 8,87,50,000
Liabilities: Rs. 3,74,60,261
Facts / Trivia
- He is quite active on various social media platforms. He is followed by more than 164k people on Instagram. His Facebook page is followed by more than 401k people. He often posts pictures and videos of his political rallies and campaigns on social media.
- During his appointment as the Leader of the Opposition, he also undertook a cluster development plan for Thane and MMR, Thane Metro, a newly expanded Thane station between Thane and Mulund, water scarcity, dilapidated illegal buildings in coastal security in the state. issues raised continuously. State, modernization of police force, inflation, increasing debt of the state etc.
- Some major projects like cluster development in Thane district and Thane Metro were commissioned under Shinde’s administration. Shinde regularly stood for resettlement policies for lakhs of residents who had been rendered homeless due to illegal construction of buildings in Thane over time.
- MSRDC was a Mumbai-Pune Expressway project, started in 1996 to encourage road development in the state. Under this plan the first expressway of the Mumbai-Pune Express Highway, two flyovers in Mumbai and the Bandra-Worli Sea Link in Mumbai were constructed. However, soon after the Congress-NCP government came to power in 1999, the project lagged behind for some political reasons. Later, when Shiv Sena came to power in Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde was given the charge of MSRDC department. In the next five years, under Shinde’s administration, several major projects such as the Mumbai-Nagpur Expressway (Prosperity Highway), Mumbai-Pune Express Highway capacity expansion, the third bridge over Thane Bay at Vashi, the Bandra-Versova Sea Link, six-of-a-kind roads Lane and concretization, 27 railway fly pools in Vidarbha, Thane-Borivali subway, Versova-Virar sea-link, and the Gaimukh-Fountain Hotel-Ghodbunder improved route were achieved.
- When he was appointed as a councilor of the Thane Municipal Corporation, Shinde took several measures including the authorized installation of metal beam crash barriers and wire rope barriers on the side of the road, and at the centre, thermoplastic paint and ramblers on the entire highway. Reduce road accidents on the Mumbai-Pune speeding route.