Faisal Malik is an Indian actor and producer, best known for his performance in the film Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2 (2012). Faisal came into more limelight after playing the character of Prahlad in the OTT series Panchayat 2 in 2022.
Faizal Malik was born in 1980.age 42 years; by 2022) in Gopalganj area in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. He did his graduation in commerce. At the age of 22, he moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting. According to Faizal, he was very interested in acting since his school days. He used to participate in many acting competitions. After coming to Mumbai, Faisal’s first job was in Sahara Channel.
Height (approx.): 6″1′
Weight (approx): 72 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: brown
Faisal belongs to a middle class family.
parents and siblings
Faisal’s late father worked as a clerk in the irrigation department and his mother was a government teacher. In 2021, the actor suffered a huge personal loss as his father died due to Covid 19. According to Malik, his mother worked as a teacher for about 20 years. Faisal had two elder brothers, one of whom died of kidney failure, and two younger sisters, one of whom committed suicide after failing a school examination.
Faisal’s wife’s name is Kumud Shahi. Faisal and Kumud met for the first time on Sahara channel. Kumud Shahi also worked there. While working together, both of them fell in love and later both of them got married.
In 2012, Faisal made his acting debut with the film Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2, in which he played the character of Inspector Gopal Singh.
Faisal Worker in the short film The Playboy Mr Sahni in 2018.
Impressed by his performance, the TVF team approached Faisal for the role of Prahlad in the OTT series, Panchayat 2 in 2022. Malik received immense love from the audience for his performance in the series Panchayat 2 released on Amazon Prime.
Climbing the hierarchy, the Ganges of Wasseypur actor, Faizal, became an executive producer in 2014. He produced films like Revolver Rani (2014), Main Aur Charles (2015), Saat Uchke (2016) and many more. Later, he became a producer. He has produced short films like Actor (2017), Letters (2017), Bin Bulaye (2018) etc. In 2018, Faisal has also produced the TV web series Smoke, which has made it one on IMDb with an impressive rating of 8.8. Highest rated Indian TV shows of all time.
In 2011, Malik along with his wife Kumud Shahi started his own company named Hamari Film Company, where he created top class original content for multiple OTT platforms.
- Malik was awarded the Indian Television Award for his contribution to MTV Traffic.
Facts / Trivia
- Panchayat actor Faisal revealed on the TEDx show that he was completely broke after the death of his siblings and had not spoken to his family for almost six years.
- Recalling the early days of Mumbai, Faisal Malik said in an interview that
Kailash Kher also lived in the four bungalow building I lived in. I went and told him that brother, I have to work. When I came to Mumbai, the real world understood that the world we live in is not the world. Mumbai is a separate city. Knowing the picture here does not mean that we see the world. One has to read cinema, one has to understand. Then I started working. Earlier the salary was Rs 750, then Rs 900, the salary was also Rs 1200.
- In an interview, the actor revealed that during his days at Sahara channel he learned to work on the edit machine and within 6-7 months he became an editor.
- Faizal mentioned in one of his interviews that, he watches a movie or TV series every day to hone his acting skills.
- After appearing in the film Gangs of Wasseypur, Malik received several offers, however, due to his busy schedule, he declined the offers.
- Talking about his first break as an actor. Faizal said
During the making of Gangs of Wasseypur, an actor who was supposed to play a cop walked out during a scene in a slaughterhouse as he could not bear the smell at the location. It came as a boon. Director Anurag Kashyap immediately forced me to wear police uniform and finish shooting as per schedule.
- The Panchayat actor considers his elder brother as his inspiration.
- According to Faisal, it was easy for him to play Prahlad in the OTT series Panchayat 2 as he hailed from Allahabad and had spent a lot of time in the villages. The actor also said that Panchayat 2 was more challenging for him than the first season.
- Faisal did a show called Amazing Race, the biggest reality show in the world in which Faisal Malik worked with the American crew and learned about the style of working there. While working in reality shows, Faisal Malik decided that he wanted to pursue a career in production. He worked as a post-producer in a singing show named Fame Gurukul. He later became a promo producer, where he used to do film promos. In 2004, he quit his job and moved to Zee Cinema channel where he himself used to write, cut and get his promos on-air.
- The actor said in an interview that during the pandemic he used to take YouTube lessons for cooking.
- In 2020, Faizal Malik lost his dog with whom he was very close.