Education: B.Tech in Computer Science
Age: 23 Years
Height: 5′ 5″ (approx.)
Some lesser known facts about Gamini Singla
- Gamini Singla is an Indian woman who has secured All India Rank 3 in UPSC Civil Services Examination 2021.
- The preliminary exam for UPSC 2021 was conducted on 10 October 2021, followed by the main exam from 7 January to 16 January 2022. The third and final round of the examination, which includes an interview, began and ended on 5 April 2022. On 26 May 2022. Gamini was interviewed on 12 May 2022.
- Singla cleared UPSC CSE in his second attempt.
- The top 4 rank holders in CSE 2021 were girls. Speaking about his views on this in an interview, Singla said,
This shows that women are capable of achieving anything with their hard work and dedication.
- Gamini chose IAS as her first choice and IPS as her second choice. In an interview, she said,
I have selected Indian Administrative Service IAS and want to work for the development of the country and welfare of the people.
- Gamini admits Kiran Bedik and his immediate senior, IPS Navjot Simmi, as his role model in the Indian Police Service. She admires the confidence and patience with which both the women perform their duties.
- After completing his B.Tech from PEC, he joined JP Morgan Chase & Co, but left the job in just 6 months in 2018. In an interview, his teacher, Professor Rajesh Bhatia revealed,
She was the class representative and got a job offer during the campus placement, but she did not join as she wanted to pursue civil services.
- He chose sociology as an optional subject.
- According to Gamini, his name means someone who is always in motion.
- Her hobby is to participate in MUN which is an activity which is based on the model of United Nations. He has participated in many meetings of All India Political Party. He was also named Director General of PECMUN 6.0 in 2019.
- In an interview, Gamini revealed that she does not know how to drive.
- Professor Sanjeev, a faculty member in the CSE department of PEC, said,
Gamini was a very intelligent student. The department misses her and we all had full faith that she will clear the exam. We are so proud of him.”