Father Shamsher Singh
Age: 34 Years
Hometown: Muktsar, Punjab
Some lesser known facts about Goldie Brar
- Goldie Brar is a gangster based in Canada, who is an aide of Indian gangster Lawrence Bishnoi. He is infamous for killing Punjabi singer Sidhu Musewala,
- On 11 October 2020, his cousin Gurlal Brar was shot dead by two unidentified men outside City Emporium Mall, Industrial Area, Phase I, Chandigarh.
- In 2021, his father Shamsher Singh was given compulsory retirement after Goldie was convicted in a murder case.
- On 29 May 2022, after Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala was shot dead by some unidentified assailants in Jawaharke village of Mansa district, Goldie took to Facebook to claim responsibility for Moosewala’s murder. Reportedly, Musewala was traveling with his friend and cousin in their Mahindra SUV when two cars started chasing him. The cars chased him for a while and then eight attackers inside the cars attacked Musewala with about 30 bullets. Reportedly, the attackers used three AK-94 rifles for the attack.
- In his Facebook post, Goldie admitted to killing Moosewala with the help of his friends Lawrence Bishnoi and Sachin Bishnoi Dhattrawala. In his post, he also talked about Musewala’s involvement in the murders of Akali leader Vicky Middukheda and Goldie’s cousin Gurlal Brar. He wrote,
Ram Ram all brothers Noon Sat Sri Akal… Ah Zeda Sidhu Moosewale Da Kamm Hoya Ehdi Responsibility I brought on Goldie Brar, Sachin Bishnoi Dattaravali, Lawrence Group. Two such elder brothers Vicky middukheda te Gurlal Brar de murder wich isada name but police got it done some new kitti te plain brother Ankit Bhadu de encounter wich they isda haath dekh… No such action was taken.
- As Goldie posted on Facebook, Lawrence also confirmed Moosewalla’s murder via a Facebook post. Lawrence wrote,
Ram Ram Bhai Sabko… I and my brother Goldie Brar take the responsibility for the murder of Sidhu Musewala today. Whatever people say today, you helped in the murder of our brother Vicky Middukheda. Today we have avenged our brother. I called it from Jaipur and told that you have done wrong. It told me that I don’t care about anyone, do whatever you could. I also keep my arms loaded. And today we have taken justice of our brother Vicky. It is just beginning… Those who were involved in the murder were ready and what the media is saying that one-47 has been fired is absolutely wrong. Don’t run fake news. Today all our illusions have been cleared and they have died. Jai… Balkari…”
- According to police officials, Musewala’s murder is a result of rivalry between Lawrence Bishnoi and Lucky Patial gangs. Addressing the media, the police said,
We are probing the matter and have got some leads.”
- Goldie has been running an extortion racket from Canada to Punjab at the behest of Lawrence Bishnoi for some time now.
- Goldie was issued a non-bailable arrest warrant by a court in Punjab’s Faridkot district in 2021, for his involvement in the murder of Youth Congress leader Gurlal Singh Pehalwan. Reportedly, Gurlal died on the spot after being hit by two bullets. Unknown people in Faridkot.
- Apparently, he was involved in the double murder of brothers Paramjeet and Surjeet (a close aide of jailed gangster Kaushal) killed in Gurugram in February 2022. In March 2022, a special branch of the Delhi Police arrested two sharpshooters linked to the Kala Jatheri gang, Lawrence Bishnoi and Naresh Sethi. According to police officials, Brar had carried out the murder to establish his dominance in the illegal liquor business.
- In April 2022, Gurpreet Singh, another associate of Goldie, was arrested by the Punjab Police from Kharar with two pistols and eight live cartridges. Apparently, Goldie had provided him with three pistols of .30 bore, .32 bore and .315 bore to increase criminal activity.
- Goldie Barr was mistaken for another man of the same name. In 2022, after Goldie claimed to have killed Punjabi singer Sidhu Musewala, a picture of another man named Goldie Brar with Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann went viral on social media. Soon, people started claiming that he was the one who killed Musewala. However, the person whose picture later went viral claimed that his picture was being misused on social media. He made a Facebook post in which he wrote,
I am Goldie Brar, son of Rajinder Singh, resident of village Jandwala. In today’s tragic incident of Sidhu Musewala’s murder, my picture is being misused on social media. I will take appropriate legal action against those people.”