Hometown: Village Bariyar, Batala, Punjab
Age: 33 Years
Marital Status: Married
Some lesser known facts about Gora
- Gurpreet Singh Gora, popularly known as Gangster Gora, is an Indian criminal. He is part of the Billa Gora group. Gora is suspected of being involved in the conspiracy to kill Punjabi singer-turned-politician Sidhu Moose Wala.
- he is the brother-in-law of a canada-based gangster goldie braro,
- As a teenager, Gora entered the world of crime by committing petty crimes like shoplifting and theft.
- Gradually he got involved in serious crimes like snatching, dacoity and highway robbery.
- In July 2020, Jalandhar (Rural) police arrested Gurpreet Singh Gora along with his associate German Jeet Singh while they were traveling in a Varna car near Bhogpur for their involvement in crimes such as arms smuggling and highway robbery . Apparently, some sources informed the police that Gora and German Jeet were planning to commit some heinous crime. Upon his arrest, a bulletproof jacket provided by gangster Gopi Ghanshampuria and a .455 bore pistol, two Glock 09 mm pistols with four live cartridges, a pump action 12 bore rifle, a .32 bore revolver, and a 30 bore pistol live Along with the police have recovered cartridges. The police also seized the car in which they were traveling. Talking to the media, SSP Jalandhar Rural Navjot Mahal said,
Police had received information that Gurpreet Singh and his associate German Jeet Singh were otherwise going towards Behram by car and were planning to commit some heinous crime, such as snatching a vehicle from the highway at gunpoint. Meanwhile, check posts all over the area were under special surveillance and a team of special personnel of Jalandhar Rural Police was successful in nabbing the car-borne assailants.
A case was registered against Gora and his associate under sections 392, 212, 216A, 506 and 120-B of IPC and sections 25, 27 of Arms Act at Bhogpur police station and further investigation in the matter was on.
- A gangster named Ranjit Singh alias Rana Sidhu was shot dead by four unidentified assailants in Aulakh village on the Muktsar-Malout highway on 22 October 2020. responsibility for his murder. Later, during the police investigation of the case, Gora’s name also cropped up and he was brought to Malout from Faridkot Jail by Punjab Police on production warrant. When he was produced in the court, the court sent him to the Malout police on remand for two days.
- In February 2021, he was accused of murdering Youth Congress District President and Zilla Parishad member Gurlal Singh Pehalwan in Faridkot. He was kept in Hoshiarpur jail after some evidence came out against him. Apparently, the main conspirator in the Pehalwan murder case was the jailed Indian gangster Lawrence Bishnoi.
- An FIR was registered against Gora at the Zira police station under sections 364-A, 336, 395, 397, 506 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code and sections 25, 27, 54 and 59 of the Arms Act, 1878. District Firozpur, on 14-04-2016.
- An FIR has been registered against Gurpreet Singh Gora under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code at Batala City Police Station in Gurdaspur district for providing fake notes. In lieu of Rs 50,000 to innocent people. 10,000 (Real Indian Currency) on 4-07-2019.
- On 17-06-2020, an FIR was registered against Gora under sections 379, 411, 420, 473 and 120B of the Indian Penal Code at Arif police station in Firozpur district, Punjab, for allegedly changing the number plate . Stolen vehicles are sold in the market.
- Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead on 29 May 2022 by some unidentified assailants in Mansa district of Punjab. He was shot dead a day after the Punjab government withdrew half his security. Apparently, Sidhu was driving his Thar jeep when some gunmen riding in Scorpio and Carola cars opened fire on him. He was accompanied by his cousin and a friend; Both of them have also suffered injuries. Hours after his murder, Indian gangsters Goldie Brar, Lawrence Bishnoi and Sachin Bishnoi claimed responsibility for Moosewala’s murder on their respective Facebook accounts. When the Punjab Police was questioning the suspected murder mastermind Lawrence Bishnoi, Gora’s name cropped up in the case. Soon, the Hoshiarpur Police took Gurpreet Singh to SAS Nagar (Mohali) and handed over to the Anti-Gangster Task Force of Punjab for questioning. Later, Gora was taken to the Crime Investigation Agency (CIA) police station in Kharar, where the SIT questioned her about her links with Canada-based gangster Goldie Brar and jailed Indian gangster Lawrence Bishnoi. Though the officials have not given any information about Gora, some sources claim that Gora and Neeraj knew about the plan hatched to eliminate Sidhu Musewala.
- Reportedly, Gora is an accused in around 14 criminal cases related to murder, assault, snatching, dacoity and gang war in different districts of Punjab, of which he is a fugitive in about 13 of them.
- In his spare time, he is fond of racing cars.
- Gora carries out his criminal activities under different names like Gurbir Gora, Gurpreet Gora, Gurpreet Singh Gora and Gurwinderpal Singh Gora.
- He is an alcoholic.