Hometown: Nagaur, Rajasthan
Age: 32 Years
Some lesser known facts about Gori Nagori
- Gori Nagori is an Indian dancer. She is known as Rajasthani and Haryanvi Shakira. In October 2022, she came into limelight when she participated in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss season 16 to be aired on Colors channel.
- When Gori Nagori was nine years old, she started learning dance while watching it on television. Initially, her family was against her and even scolded, abused and locked her in a room when she expressed her desire to become a dancer. Once in a media interview, he had said that when he started dancing, he was considered a bad character. He said,
My family was dancing against me and people around us also told me how vulgar it was, and it showed my bad character, However, I never took any criticism seriously and thus continued with my plans. I started getting small shows, which soon grew into big ones. I have always fought against people’s perception towards artists.”
- Thereafter, she started performing in local dance shows on various Rajasthani and Haryanvi songs, which gained her immense popularity in both the states.
- According to Gori Nagori, she is influenced by the dance of Colombian dancer Shakira, Once she saw some dance moves of Shakira on TV and started copying them. Reportedly, Gori Nagori follows Shakira’s dance moves while performing on stage. The dance style of Gori Nagori is very similar to that of Colombian singer Shakira. This is the reason why Gori Nagori is famous in India as Rajasthani and Haryanvi Shakira.
- Gori Nagori is a bold dancer and often gives bold dancing performance in her shows. In 2017, she was invited as a guest dancer by the Students’ Union Office of the University of Rajasthan for an opening ceremony. The Mahant of Salasar Dham and the parents of the students were present on this occasion. According to some media sources, after the event, Gori Nagori gave a bold dance performance in the show, which left the parents and the Mahant in shame.
- Gori Nagori rose to prominence on 22 September 2018, when she danced to the popular Haryanvi song Le Photo Le sung by Rajasthani singer Neelu Rangili. The song was a hit and has garnered over 120 million views so far. Later, Gori Nagori appeared in popular Rajasthani and Haryanvi songs including Mahre Gam Ka Pani (2021), Teri Meri Baat Badi Jayegi (2021), Balma (2021), Sant (2020), Ganderi (2020), Chunni Gotedar and others. 2022), and Lahario (2022).
- Gori Nagori shares dance stage with Haryanvi dancer Sapna Choudhary on several occasions. She is often compared to Sapna Chaudhary in dancing.
- According to Gori Nagori, she is an avid dog lover. He also has a pet cat. She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly. Apart from being a dancer, she also likes to sing songs. In a media interaction, Gori Nagori revealed that she was a bullet lover and used to ride it frequently in her spare time.
- Gori Nagori participated in Bigg Boss Season 16 in October 2022 as a contestant. In an interview given to a media house, Gori Nagori told that Indian artist rakhi sawanti And Shahnaz Gill Her favorites were the previous Bigg Boss contestants. He said,
I will name many people. I have watched many seasons and in the last season I really liked Rakhi Sawant. Earlier, I was in love with Shahnaz Gill, ‘Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain’ actress Shilpa Shinde. Hina Khan and Manveer Gurjar were also my favourites.”
- On 3 October 2022, in a video media discussion, Gori Nagori revealed that the dance profession of a woman is degraded by many societies in India. He said that dancing on stage was considered bad and disgusting. Gori Nagori said,
Dancers are still looked down upon in the society today and the word dancer is considered bad and hateful things are said to them. I used to get calls from people about how she becomes a dancer despite being a ‘Muslim’.”