Hamza Shahbaz is a Pakistani politician best known as the Chief Minister of Punjab, Pakistan. He belongs to Pakistan Muslim League (N) party. He follows the orthodox pragmatism of Pakistani nationalism ideology.
Mian Muhammad Hamza Shahbaz was born on Friday, 6 September 1974.age 48 years; by 2022) in Lahore, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He studied at Aitchison College, Lahore. He studied at the Government College University Lahore (GCUL), and he graduated in law from the London School of Economics and Political Science, England.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Hamza belongs to a political family. His father is the Prime Minister of Pakistan in 2022, and his uncle was a former Prime Minister of Pakistan.
parents and siblings
Hamza’s father’s name is Shahbaz Sharif, a politician and businessman.
His mother’s name was Begum Nusrat Shahbaz.
He has a brother, Suleman Shahbaz, who is the former CEO of Sharif Group.
He has three sisters, Rabia Imran, Khadija Shahbaz and Javeria Shahbaz Sharif.
wife and children
The name of Hamza’s first wife is Mehrunisah Hamza. Ayesha Ahad claimed in 2011 that she married Hamza in 2010.
In 2012, he married Rabia Hamza. They have a daughter, Samawiyah Hamza.
Hamza follows Islam.
Hamza Bhat belongs to Kashmiri tribe.
Hamza is a Sunni Muslim.
He lives at H # 41, S Block Lahore, Post Office DHA Lahore Cantt.
Hamza began his political journey in 2011 after being elected as the General Secretary of Punjab by the Pakistan Muslim League (N). In 2008, he stood in the general election of Pakistan as an independent candidate, but could not win the seat. In 2008, he was elected to the Pakistan Muslim League (N) as a candidate for the National Assembly of Pakistan. He was re-elected to the National Assembly in 2013 and 2018 as a candidate of the PML-N. In 2018, he was also elected to the provincial assembly of Punjab as a candidate of the PML-N in the general election of Pakistan. On 13 August 2018, he was nominated for the post of Chief Minister of Punjab by the PML-N, but was unable to win the seat. On 25 August 2018, he was nominated as the Leader of the Opposition in the Punjab Legislative Assembly by the PML-N and was appointed as the Leader of the Opposition in the Punjab Legislative Assembly on 6 September 2018. He serves as the Vice President of the Pakistan Muslim League. (n) from May 2019. While Hamza was serving as the Leader of the Opposition, he took various initiatives to improve education and health. She started women’s colleges, model hospitals at Gowalmandi and Chuna Mandi and renovated historical sites.
- Corruption charges against Hamza: On 11 June 2019, Hamza was charged with money laundering and assets beyond means, and was arrested by the National Accountability Bureau on corruption charges.
- Money Transactions through Benami Accounts: In 2021, Hamza was accused of transferring Rs. 16.3 billion through 28 benami accounts. According to the agency, these accounts belonged to eleven employees of the Sharif Group. Hamza and his father were arrested in this case.
- The case of the Chinese scandal: In 2020, Hamza was arrested by the Federal Investigation Agency in connection with the sugar scam. The agency alleges that Rs. 25 billion were transferred using fake accounts by employees of Ramzan (RSML) and AI-Arab Sugar Mills (ASML). Hamza said these transactions were related to trade. He got bail on 24 February 2021.
- Hamza Shahbaz’s second wife: In 2017, Aishe Ahad called a press conference and said that Hamza had married her in 2010. Hamza said the allegations against him were false. In an interview, she talked about what happened to her and her family after registering the case, she said,
On the orders of the Chief Minister’s Secretariat, my daughter (Ayesha) and granddaughter (Mahnoor) have been severely tortured. Investigating Officer Zulfiqar Cheema continued to torture Ms. Ayesha for hours, pressuring her to write that she had no connection with Mr. Hamza and would not speak about it to the media.
property / properties
Reportedly, Hamza’s assets stood at Rs 411 million as of 2018.
Facts / Trivia
- Many news channels often refer to Hamza as the ‘Poultry King of Punjab’.
- In 1994, when Hamza was twenty years old, he was arrested by the police and imprisoned in Adiala Jail along with other leaders of the Pakistan Muslim League.
- In 2011, he took over his family business alone as his father and uncle were sent into exile for ten years.
- In 2017, Hamza’s effort to end terrorism in Pakistan was acknowledged by Behroj Sabzwari, a renowned film and television artist.
- Reportedly, Hamza’s newborn daughter underwent surgery in 2019 after she was diagnosed with a serious heart problem. In an interview, a source spoke about his daughter and said,
Doctors have told the family that the child’s condition is such that he will have to stay in the intensive care unit until bypass surgery, followed by post-operative care and stability. The doctors hope they do their best.”
- In an interview, he talked about how he doesn’t want to be known by the identities of his father and uncle. He said,
when i won [in a by-election at NA-119 in 2008], I didn’t want to work in the shadows. I wanted to take the initiative myself and prove my worth. I don’t want Hamza to be remembered as Shahbaz Sharif. I don’t want to be remembered as someone who has done something for people.”
- Hamza often enjoys singing on various family occasions. In 2021, he was seen singing at his cousin’s daughter’s wedding.
- He is often seen in various newspapers.
- He loves to travel and often travels to different places in Pakistan.