Hansraj Raghuvanshi is an Indian singer, songwriter and musician, who primarily sings devotional songs of Lord Shiva. He gained immense fame with his song “Mera Bhola Hai Bhandari” (2019).
Hansraj Raghuvanshi alias Baba Ji was born on Saturday 18th July 1992.age 30 years; by 2022) in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh. Later, his family shifted to Mangal village, Kunihar tehsil, Solan district, Himachal Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He did his schooling in a government school in Kasol, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh and later, he attended a school in Solan, Himachal Pradesh. After this he enrolled in MLSM College, Sundernagar, Chatrokhari, Himachal Pradesh to do B.Com. He failed four times in B.Com second year and dropped out of college. After a few months, he did his BA in Music from MLSM College, Sundernagar, Chatrokhari, Himachal Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Color: brown
Eye Colour: brown
He was born in a Hindu family.
parents and siblings
His father Prem Lal works as a carpenter and Prem Lal used to sing in a village mandali (group). His mother’s name is Leela Devi. He has two younger siblings. His brother, Manjit Raghuvanshi, works as a business development representative at HDFC Bank, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, and his younger sister, Seema Raghuvanshi, is a veterinary pharmacist.
They are not married till 2022.
relationships / affairs
On 11 September 2017, he started dating a girl from Himachal Pradesh named Komal Saklani. Talking about Komal in an interview, Hansraj said,
11 September 2017. That day my girlfriend Komal Saklani came into my life. It changed everything in my life, made my environment positive and company better, and I started focusing more on working on myself. Whatever small I have become today, would not have been possible without Komal’s support and inspiration.
In 2016, he made his debut as a singer with the Hindi devotional song “Baba Ji”.
In 2018, she sang songs like “Shimla Girl,” “Ganga Kinere,” “Ganja Ganja,” and “Baba Badnaam.” He came into limelight in 2019 with his Hindi devotional song “Mera Bhola Hai Bhandari”. He uploaded the song to YouTube and within a few hours, the video garnered millions of views.
Hansraj then released various devotional songs on Lord Shiva, which got immense popularity. Some such songs are “Shiv Kailasho Ke Vasi” (2019), “Laghi Lagaan Shankara” (2020), “Shiv Samarahe” (2021), and “Main Shiv Ka Shiv Mere” (2021).
In 2020, he collaborated with renowned Indian singer Richa Sharma for the Hindi song ‘Duntara’.
In 2022, he performed live on the eve of Shivratri at an event organized by Sadhguru’s spiritual organization Isha Foundation. He has also performed at various festivals and events in Himachal Pradesh and other states of India.
- Royal Enfield Bullet
- Kawasaki Ninja
- Morris Garage
- Volkswagen Polo
- Song: Jaane Kahan Gaya Woh Din from the Hindi film Mera Naam Joker (1970)
Facts / Trivia
- When he was studying in class 5, he started singing in school singing competitions. However, he gave up singing when he was in 10th standard.
- Hansraj wanted to become a deputy commissioner in his childhood.
- After leaving college, he moved to Delhi and did some odd jobs there. Then he returned to Himachal Pradesh and started working as a dishwasher in the canteen of MLSM College, Sundernagar, Himachal Pradesh. He also worked as a delivery boy in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. He saved money from his job and released his first song ‘Baba Ji’. In an interview, he shared that he used to go to various government offices to get a chance in singing, but he was always rejected as he did not have any recommendation. In an interview he said,
The biggest complaint in Himachal forums is “recommendation”. In this, suggestions should be taken from the public through social media and other mediums as to which of the artists they want to hear this time. Also there should be auditions for struggling youth.
- Hansraj is quite popular among his fans for his dreadlocks hairstyle. Talking about this in an interview, he said,
I have such hair since birth, I tried hair rebonding many times, but it still grows the same. So, I decided to keep it that way.”
- He received heavy criticism for his song “Ganja Ganja” (2018) in the music video to promote drugs.
- During the promotion of the Hindi film ‘Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas’ (2019), she made her first national television appearance in the singing TV reality show ‘Superstar Singer’.
- Hansraj Raghuvanshi is an avid dog lover and has a husky named Joy.
- As of June 2022, he has approximately 8.51 million subscribers on his self-titled YouTube channel, and 1.7 million on his Instagram account.
- His hobbies include photography, listening to music, and cooking.
- Hansraj is an exclusive devotee of Lord Shiva.
- He has got three tattoos on his body. The first is a snake tattoo on the left side of his neck, the second is a tattoo of ‘Baba with a Star’ on his right forearm, and the third is a large tattoo including two tattoos on his left arm. Lord Shiva and Mahamrityunjaya Mantra.