Inaamulhaq is an Indian actor and screenwriter. He wrote the popular stand-up comedy show “Comedy Circus” on Sony TV, and also wrote the dialogues for the Bollywood film “Buddha… Hoga Tera Baap” (2011), starring Amitabh Bachchan. He is best known for his performance in the National Award winning film “Filmistan”.
Inaamulhaq was born on Wednesday, 14 November 1979 (43 years; by 2022) in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He made his first stage appearance at the age of twelve. Later, he joined the Indian People’s Theater Association in Saharanpur and played lead roles in various plays. He completed his graduation in 2003 from National School of Drama, New Delhi with specialization in Acting.
Height (Approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: Black
He belongs to a Muslim family.
parents and siblings
There is not much information available about his parents and siblings.
wife and kids
Inaamulhaq is married to Shibli Anwar and the couple has a son named Evan.
as a writer
Before starting his career in acting, Inaamulhaq worked as a writer for various television shows and films. He debuted as a writer for the second season of the Indian detective TV series “Karamchand”, directed by Pankaj Parashar. He worked as a writer for the popular stand-up comedy show “Comedy Circus” aired on Sony Entertainment Television for two and a half years. He also wrote for the television shows Filmfare Fever (2008), Chhote Ustad-2 (2010), Dekh Video Dekh (2011), Yum Kisi Se Kum Nahi (2014), and Goldie Ahuja Matric Pass (2015). He wrote dialogues for the film “Buddha… Hoga Tera Baap” (2011), and the web series “Screwed Up” (2018).
as an actor
Before entering the film industry, Inamulhaq performed in various theatrical productions. Some of his most notable performances in theatrical productions include – as Madhavya (Jester) in the play “Abhigyanashakuntalam” (also known as “The Recognition of Shakuntala”) by Kalidas, “A Dolls” by Heinrich Nils Krogstad in “House” Ibsen, Edgar in “King Lear” by William Shakespeare, Thinker-1 in “Ek Tha Gadha aka Aladad Khan” by Sharad Joshi, and Ivan in “The Just Assassins” by Albert Camus Kaliayev.
Inamulhaq made his Bollywood debut in 2008 with the film “Firaaq”. In 2012, he played the role of Aftab in the National Award winning film “Filmistan”.
In the film “Airlift” starring Akshay Kumar, Inamulhaq played the role of the main antagonist Iraqi Major Kafal Bin Zayed and earned critical acclaim from the audience for the same.
In 2019, he played the lead role of Allah Rakha Siddiqui in the film “Nakkash” and won several awards for his performance in the film. The film was released in limited screens, and its first look poster was revealed at the India Pavilion of the Cannes Film Festival 2018.
Some of his other best performances in films include Mohammad Iqbal Qadri in the film “Jolly LLB 2” (2017), Dikkat Ansari in the film “Lucknow Central” (2017), Neeraj Modi in the film “Pagalpanti” (2019), and the film “Mere Desh”. Pappan Khan in Ki Dharti” (2022).
In 2020, he made his web series debut with the web series “Hasmukh”, which premiered on Netflix.
In 2021, he appeared in the web series “Maharani” on SonyLIV. His performance as Bengali bureaucrat Parvez Alam in the series earned him much acclaim from the audience.
as a director
Inaamulhaq has directed a few short films. His short film “The Search” (2005) as a director was nominated for the “Best Film Award” in the competition category at the Berlin Asia-Pacific Film Festival 2006, Germany. His short film “Parchhaiyan” (2004) was based on an anti-war poem written by noted poet Sahir Ludhianvi.
refused to rent a house
Inamulhaq lodged a complaint against the DSM Housing Society at Kalyan Complex in Versova for refusing to give him a house on rent. According to the actor, the management of the society was not allowing him to meet the committee members, and was not giving any valid reason for the denial. They said,
For five Sundays, they kept me waiting citing different reasons. First, he asked me to prove that I was married by bringing my wife and son, who are out of Mumbai for summer vacations. But even when he returned, the society refused to give us an appointment.”
On the other hand, the secretary of the society said that they did not refuse to give them a house on rent, rather they did not follow the rules of the society completely. According to the secretary, Inaamulhaq did not bring his wife and son for the interview, due to which his appointment was delayed.
- “Top 10 Stand-Out Actors of 2014” by Mid-Day
- “Highest Debuts of 2014” by IBNlive.com
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role at the “Big Life OK Now Awards”
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role at “SICA Awards”
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role at “21st Annual Screen Awards”
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role at “IBNLive Movie Awards 2015”
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role at “AIBA Awards 2015”
- Nominated for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) at “IIFA Awards 2015”
- Best Actor Award at 8th Annual DCSAFF (Washington DC South Asian Film Festival 2018)
- Best Actor Award at the India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB) in 2019
- Jury Award at Lift India Film Festival at World Cine Fest 2019
In 2022, Inaamulhaq won the “Iconic Achievers Award” for Most Promising Actor of the Year
- Movies: Rang De Basanti and 3 Idiots
Facts / Trivia
- According to Inaamulhaq, the film industry should produce more meaningful films. Talking about this in an interview, he said,
I think stars should use their power to do more meaningful (films) than just entertainment because cinema affects people and we should use it carefully. Quality cinema is needed. We should make films that the audience remembers for years.
- In an interview, talking about his days of struggle, Inaamulhaq shared that once a newspaper refused to print an article about his journey on the pretext that there was no space to print his article is left Later, Inaamulhaq found that there was a news article titled “What will happen on Bebo’s birthday Lolo”, which was printed in place of his article, which according to him was not fit to be printed.
- Enamulhaq along with his co-star Sharib Hashmi stood on the road holding placards to promote their film “Nakkash”. Inaamulhaq said that he did not have the money to promote the film extensively; So, he decided to promote his film through placards.
- In an interview, Inamulhaq revealed that he rejected many films in his career for various reasons, but the most common reason behind doing so was that he always wanted to do the same thing in different films to maintain the versatility in his acting. Used to try to avoid playing the character. They said,
Whatever I am, I am not because of my ‘yes’, I am whatever I am because of my ‘no’.”
- In 2017, Inamulhaq celebrated his birthday with specially-abled children in Varanasi, where he was shooting for a film at the time. Being the occasion of Children’s Day, his film “Airlift” was screened for children. Sharing his experience of spending his birthday with special children in an interview, Inaamulhaq said,
I was called to inspire them but the joy and inspiration I got from these kids in return is more than I could get from anyone else. My film ‘Airlift’ was screened for them and they all thoroughly enjoyed it.”
- Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui was senior to Inamulhaq when they were studying at the National School of Drama.
This post is auto generated. All Materials and trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your articles, please contact us.