Indira Krishnan is an Indian actress who predominantly works in Hindi television shows. She is known for her appearance as Krishna Ravi Patel in television shows like Krishnaben Khakhrawala (2010) on Sony TV and Krishnadasi Kumudini in Colors TV as Krishnadasi (2016).
Indira Krishnan was born on 1 March in Mumbai, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He completed his schooling from Apostolic Carmel Convent High School, Bandra, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx): 75 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Figure Measurements (Approximately): 38-34-38
Indira Krishnan belongs to a South Indian family.
parents and siblings
Not much information is available about Indira’s parents. His mother was a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
husband and children
Indira Krishna is married to director and writer Rajesh Rashinage.
They have a son, Anirudh Rankinage.
Before venturing into acting career, Indira Krishna worked as an air hostess.
Indira made her acting debut with the Oriya film Suna Panjuri (1995) in which she played the role of Pooja.
She appeared in the film Aaj Ka Raavan (2000) in which she played the role of Shanti. Later, she appeared in some films like Tere Naam (2003), Tathastu (2006), Chatur Singh To Star (2011), Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty (2014), Mrs Thapar and Hey Bro (2015).
Indira appeared in the 2015 Marathi film Jaaniva, directed by her husband Rajesh Ranshinage.
In 2000, Indira made her Hindi television debut with the show Kinere Milet Nahi on DD Metro. In 2001, she played the role of Nanda in the Zee TV show Manzilene Apni Apni. Indira rose to fame with her role as Ganga Devi in the Zee TV show Afsar Bitiya (2011). Talking about his role in the show in an interview, he said,
TV doesn’t have much variation when it comes to roles. But, Rakesh Paswan is a good old friend and this character is completely different from the character I have played till now. I wanted to dress up as a Bihari woman, all wrapped up in heavy saris and jewellery – hence the background, regional influences and my style being different in this soap. Also, going from Gujarati dialect to Bihari would be fun. Also, the theme of this soap for girl child education is what I liked about this soap.”
In 2010, Indira appeared in the show Krishnaben Khakhrawala on Sony TV as Krishna Ravi Patel.
In 2013, Indira played the role of Ranjan Desai in the show Firangi Bahu on Sahara One.
Indira is known for playing the role of Krishnadasi Kumudini in Colors TV show Krishnadasi (2016).
In 2019, she appeared as Vasudha Srinivasan in the show It’s on StarPlus.
In 2022, Indira Krishnan appeared in an advertisement for popular brands like Ashirwad Garam Masala and Ford Motor Company.
- 1996: Best Actress Award for Odia Film Suna Panjuri by National State Awards
- 2016: The. Best Actress in Female TV Awards dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award
- 2016: AIAC Achievers Award for Television Show Krishnadasi at All India Achievers Awards
- 2017: Golden Achiever Award for Television Show Krishnadasi
- 2022: Wow Outstanding Actor Award for Yeh Hai Chahatein at Wah Mhasa Awards
Facts / Trivia
- Indira Krishnan is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- Indira is also known as Indu.
- During her school days, Indira aspired to become a surgeon.
- Indira is often referred to by her co-stars as the ‘Nana Patekar of television’ as their acting styles, gestures are very similar. Nana Patekar, In an interview, he spoke of being addressed as Nana Patekar and said,
He finds my acting, gesture and dialogue delivery on par with Nana Patekar. They also feel that I am as outspoken as them.”
- In 2021, Indira left the television show Yeh Hai Chahatein on StarPlus because she felt humiliated on the sets of the show. In an interview, he revealed the reason for leaving the show and said,
I was constantly in touch with the creative team and told them how unhappy I was with my track. It didn’t make sense for me to drive to Naigaon just to be shown standing or sitting in a corner. Though I am the mother of the heroine, I have no participation or interaction in the scenes. Actually, I was told by the team of ‘Aaj Aapke Dialogues Nahi Hain’. It’s disrespectful to an experienced actor like me. So, after much deliberation, I decided to leave the show tomorrow and drop my paper.”
- In an interview, Indira had expressed her desire to work with the director. Sanjay Leela Bhansali and said,
He said, “I am taking my character from ‘Krishnaasi’ forward to get stronger roles. Doing a film with Sanjay Leela Bhansali will be a great offer for me. He is just brilliant,” he added.
- In 2019, Indira was invited to Mumbai’s SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce for a TEDx event.
- Indira’s first pay check as an air hostess was Rs. 9000.