Jameel Khan is an Indian actor, best known for appearing in the web series Gullak (2019), in which he played the role of Santosh Mishra. He is also known for appearing in Hindi films including Asambhav (2004), Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013), and Baby (2015).
Jameel Khan was born on Tuesday, 26 November 1974 (Age 48 years; by 2022) in Bhadohi, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He did his schooling at Sherwood College, Nainital, Uttarakhand. He studied Bachelor of Arts in History at Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh and Master of Arts in English from University of Mumbai.
Height (Approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Colour: Black
parents and siblings
Jameel’s father’s name is Atiq ur Rehman Khan.
wife and kids
Jameel is married to Shahana Khan.
He has a son and a daughter.
Jameel follows Islam.
Jameel started his career in 1999 with the Hindi film Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam in which he played the role of Nimesh.
Acting credits under his belt include the Hindi films Asambhav (2004), Badmaash Company (2010), Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram Leela (2013), Firangi (2017), and 14 Phere (2021).
He made his television debut in 1998 with the show CID on Sony TV.
In 2001, he appeared in the television show ‘Parsai Kehte Hain’.
He was also featured in TV commercials for various brands such as Asian Paints, Pan Vilas Pan Masala, Castor Oil, Alpenliebe Lollipops and Dairy Milk.
- 2021: Best Actor (Comedy Series) at the Filmfare OTT Awards for the web series Gullak.
- 2022: Best Actor (Comedy) at OTT Play Awards for the web series Gullak.
Facts / Trivia
- Jameel pursued his dream of becoming an actor when he came to Mumbai after completing his graduation. He struggled a lot in the early days of his career during which he lived in a one bedroom kitchen flat.
- He was interested in acting since his school days and won the Geoffrey Kendall Trophy in a theater competition when he was a part of the school’s theater group. In college, he was a part of the Sabrang Theater Group in Aligarh. He was one of the founding members of the Indian People’s Theater Association in Aligarh.
- In the early stages of his career, Jameel got a lot of support from Naseeruddin Shah. He was part of Naseeruddin Shah’s theater group Motley’s play Julius Caesar. He shared the stage with Shah in other plays Manto… Ismat Hazir Hai, Katha Collage, Safed Jhooth Kali Salwar, The Kane Mutiny Court Martial, Faust and The Chairs. In an interview he talked about his friendship with Shah and said,
Naseeruddin Shah is my mentor and my friend for life. A lot can be learned from them. I have been associated with him for 20 years now. He always smiles whenever I tell him that he is my guru. It is a privilege to share the stage with such a talent.”
- He was a very active child in school. In an interview, he said that all his classmates were surprised to see him playing a football tournament while fasting. In the interview he further said,
I stayed at Sherwood College in Nainital for 10 years. There used to be very elaborate arrangements for Iftar and even for Sehri. My non-Muslim friends used to envy that, but they were always amazed at how we could live without water for about 15 hours. I wonder how I was able to play football tournaments and games while fasting.
- After completing his schooling, he appeared for JEE, but he could not clear the exam. Later he joined Aligarh Muslim University and started studying history there. His father wanted him to clear the Civil Services Examination, but he chose acting instead. In an interview, he said that he learned Urdu while studying in Aligarh.
- In 2019, he got a lot of recognition from the web series ‘Gullak’. In an interview, he said that initially he was not interested in the script, but later he liked the story. In the interview he further said,
You would be surprised to know that I had initially rejected the role… After reading a few pages, I felt it was like TV. The author then asked me to listen to him. He told me the whole story, and I thought it was great, something I shouldn’t let go.
- After winning an award in 2021 for the web series ‘Gullak’, in an interview, he revealed that it was his first award in 25 years of his acting career. In the interview he said,
I would like to believe that the biggest sign of success is to remain a working actor for the last 25 years and to be recognized by the audience for your work. Awards and stardom are something few people get, but if the aim is to become an actor, it is not the awards that matter to me, but staying relevant to acting projects and craft is important to me.
This post is auto generated. All Materials and trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your articles, please contact us.