Father: Randhir Sachan
Age: 35 Years
Some lesser known facts about Jayvijay Sachan
- Jayvijay Sachan is an Indian stand up comedian and mimicry artist. In July 2022, he made an appearance in Sony TV’s stand-up comedy series India’s Laughter Champion.
- Having an inclination towards mimicry since childhood, he had a habit of imitating different actors. According to Jayvijay, initially, his parents were skeptical about his passion to pursue the career of a mimicry artist; However, after seeing her achievements, they were happy with her decision.
- He started his career with stand-up comedy in college itself. During his college days, he earned accolades for his comedic performances at IIT Kanpur and Amity University, Lucknow. He won the Lucknow Mahotsav, an Indian arts and culture event, for three consecutive years.
- In 2009, he started working as a radio show host in Radio City Lucknow. Thereafter, in 2011, he worked as a Broadcast Producer at The Essel Groups, Noida.
- Thereafter, in October 2011, he started working as a news anchor in Raftaar Time News and worked in the news organization till March 2013. In April 2013, he joined the Global News Network and worked there until October 2013. Then, in October 2013, he joined Janta TV as its news anchor and worked with the news channel till January 2014.
- In 2014, she made her television debut with Colors TV’s reality show India’s Got Talent Season 5. In the reality show, he was the only stand-up comedian to enter the quarter-finals.
- Thereafter, he appeared in various reality comedy shows like The Great Indian Family Drama (2015), India’s Digital Superstar (2015), and Saal Bawal (2016).
- In an interview with a media house, Jayvijay Sachan recalled an incident and revealed that he got the news of his brother’s death when he was performing in a comedy show. He quoted,
The day of my life was also very strange, when I was in Mumbai and my show was about to happen. At that time the news came that my brother had died. At that time the brain had stopped working, I could not understand what to do, but I performed on the stage with courage.
- In 2016, he appeared in Zee TV’s comedy show Yaaron Ki Baaraat. In the TV show, he mimicked Shahrukh Khan in front of Shahrukh himself. This mimic act earned him praise on the show and Shah Rukh Khan lauded his talent saying that Jayvijay can deliver his dialogues better than Shah Rukh himself. In an interview, Jayvijay talked about this and said,
I travel a lot. When people come up to me and say, “Bhai, awesome work” or “there’s no one like you”, I feel a boost in my confidence. Whether it is Shah Rukh sir appreciating my talent or any other person, I have always felt really grateful and inspired through this.,
- In 2018, Jaivijay Singh was featured in a spoof video on YouTube titled “If Your Boss Behaved Like Shah Rukh Khan”.
- In July 2022, he participated in the Sony television show India’s Laughter Champion. In an interview, Archana Puran Singh, who was one of the hosts of the reality show India’s Laughter Champion lauded Jayvijay Sachan’s talent and said,
Not every mimicry act has comedy and not every comedy can have mimicry but today, I saw a wonderful combination of both mimicry and comedy. People think mimicry is easy but there is a lot behind it. It requires a script and there is a technique involved… it was mind blowing! I would honestly say it is one of the best acts, not just because of the mimicry. And the way you mimicked Pankaj Tripathi, brilliant! He is my neighbor and I will ask him to watch this act for sure.
- According to Jayvijay Sachan, he has imitated more than 200 voices.