Jahan Daruwalla is an Indian motorsports racing driver. Currently, he is participating in the FIA Formula 2 Championship with Prema Racing. In 2011, he became one of the three winners of ‘One in a Billion Hunt’, arranged by Force India F1 Team 2011, after which he became a trainee of the team. On 20 June 2022, Jahan shared that he had the opportunity to drive last year’s Formula 1 car, the McLaren MCL 35. He is currently in the middle of his best season with five podiums in six rounds, which pushes him to third place in the standings, which is one reason why he has the honor of testing an F1 car for the first time on 21 and 22. June 2022 at Silverstone in the United Kingdom.
Jahan Daruwalla was born on Thursday, 1 October 1998.age 23 years; by 2022) in Mumbai. He did his schooling from Bombay Scottish School in Mahim West, Mumbai. Jahan developed an interest in driving at a young age. He loves speed and is a fan of it and there is a lot involved in racing. In 2011, he started his driving career by karting at the age of thirteen and has participated in several karting competitions. Rayomand Banji, Formula, Go-karting Champion and owner of Rayo Racing, discovered the potential and talent in the world. He coached Jahan and laid a strong foundation for his successful career. Currently, he is a member of the Red Bull Junior team.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx): 70 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Jahan Daruwala belongs to a Parsi family of Mumbai.
parents and siblings
His father, Khurshid Daruwala is the MD of Sterling & Wilson, a subsidiary of Shapoorji Pallonji. His mother’s name is Kainaz Daruwala. He has an elder sister named Delna Daruwalla.
relationships / affairs
Where Mia is in a relationship with Shroff. Reportedly, Jahaan and Maiya have been dating each other since 2014 and have been very open about the same on social media. According to her LinkedIn profile, in 2019, she began working as a marketing executive at Nykaa Fashion and held the position for a year and a half, then joined Barcode Entertainment: Strategic Brand Solutions and handled junior client services. In 2021, she launched her swimwear line named ‘Papaya Swimwear’.
Jahan took part in the Karting Championship for the first time in 2011. They won the 2012 Asia-Pacific Championships and the 2013 Super 1 National Championships and have placed in other competitions held in Asia and Europe.
Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0
He moved up to a single-seater with Fortek Motorsport in the Formula Renault 2.0 NEC and Formula Renault 2.0 Alps Championships in 2015. He finished fifth in the Northern European Cup on the basis of his performance. He participated in the Eurocup and Alps series as a guest driver. The following year, he claimed an inaugural pole position and took a podium in the second race. In Hungary, they won their first Northern European Cup.
Toyota Racing Series
In 2016, he participated in the Toyota Racing Series. Winning three times and taking three podiums made him the vice-champion of Lando Norris. In the following season in 2017, he took the most pole positions of any driver and won twice. The championship fight was very competitive so he finished fifth.
European Formula 3 Championship
In November 2016, he spoke about his aim to participate in the European Formula 3 Championship the following year. He signed to race with the Carlin Motorsport team in December 2016. He got 6th place in the 2017 championship. In the same year, he also participated in the 2017 Macau Grand Prix where he finished 10th.
He remained in the Carlin team in the 2018 season as well. He finished third in the opening weekend at the Pau Grand Prix during the third race. Their only victory of the year was achieved in the first race of the Spa-Francorchamps round. He competed again at the 2018 Macau Grand Prix and finished 12th.
At the finale of the 2018 Yas Marina GP3, he joined the MP Motorsport team. He finished 26th in the race.
FIA Formula 3 Championship
In 2019, Daruwalla participated in the inaugural season of the Formula 3 Championship for Prema Powerteam. He competed in 16 races and won two of them. He took third place in the championship.
F3 Asian Championship
In 2021, he competed in the championship from Team Mumbai Falcons India Racing Ltd, which took place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. He participated in 15 races and won 3 of them. Their overall performance and 192 points in the championship earned them third place in the teams’ championship.
FIA Formula 2 Championship
In February 2020, Daruvala rejoined the Carlin Motorsport team to compete in the 2020 FIA Formula 2 Championship. During this championship he was named Red Bull Jr. He participated in 24 races and won only one. He finished 12th in the championship.
In 2021, he competed in the championship again and continues with the same motorsport team, Carlin. He took part in 23 races and won 2 of them which earned him 7th place.
He rejoined the Prema Racing team for the 2022 Championships in January 2022. Having competed in 12 races, he did not win any of them, but the number of podiums he took and the number of points he achieved placed him third in the championship.
- He finished first in All-Stars Karting Championship Malaysia – Yamaha Junior (2011).
- He secured 1st position in Asia-Pacific Championship- KF3 (2012)
- He secured 1st position in Super 1 National Championship- KFJ (2013).
- He finished second in CIK-FIA International Super Cup- KFJ (2013)
- He finished second in the German Karting Championship – Senior (2014)
- He finished 3rd in CIK-FIA World Championship- KFJ (2014)
- He finished second in the Toyota Racing Series (2016)
- He finished third in the FIA Formula 3 Championship (2019)
- He finished third in the F3 Asian Championship (2021).
- He finished third in the FIA Formula 2 Championship (2022)
- Vehicle: Lamborghini Aventador
Facts / Trivia
- Jahan is the first Indian to win the New Zealand International Grand Prix, an annual motor racing event that takes place in New Zealand. He won the race in 2017 in which he drove the Tatus FT-50 Toyota.
- He considers Fernando Alonso as his idol.
- He loves sports cars and Lamborghini Aventador is his favorite car.
- His guilty pleasure is eating Shake Shack burgers in London.
- he wants actor Siddharth Malhotra To play his character if any filmmaker wants to make a biopic on him.
- In an interview, talking about how he is feeling after getting the chance to take the 2021 Formula 1 winning car, the McLaren MCL 35, for testing, he shared,
It’s nothing related to driving next year in Formula 1 for me. Not many seats are opening up in F1 but I have had the opportunity to be in an F1 car and do well and if I get the opportunity I want to be. ready.”
I have never driven a Formula 1 car before. This test is for me to get to know the car and its features and find out its limitations. My goal is to win the F2 championship and hopefully I will do a lot and my name is front (to be noted), ”he said.
- Jahan aims to become the third Indian after Narain Karthikeyan and Karun Chandok to race in Formula One.