Mother: Supriya Raina Shukla
Hometown: Delhi, India
Age: 26 Years
Some lesser known facts about Jhanak Shukla
- Jhanak Shukla is a former Indian child artist and lifestyle blogger. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Karisma’ in Karishma Ka Karishma in 2003.
- Jhanak Shukla was born in New Delhi; However, when she was six years old, her family shifted to Mumbai. According to him, his parents met in 1992, when his mother was working in a serial called Tanhai aired on Doordarshan, and soon, they got married.
- In 2000, Jhanak Shukla was a part of the children’s television series Son Pari as Princi. In 2003, she appeared as Karishma in the lead role in the Hindi television series Karishma Ka Karishma, a remake of the 1980s American TV series Small Wonder. In the same year, she appeared as little Jasmine in the children’s television series Hatim.
- In 2002, Jhanak Shukla was cast in the Malayalam serial Aalipzam, which means Hail. According to Jhanak, she played the lead character of a dumb girl in this Malayalam serial and the serial was shot in Trivandrum, where she had to go for shooting.
- Jhanak Shukla was four years old when she walked the ramp for Aquafina.
- In 2003, Jhanak Shukla made his Bollywood debut with the film Kal Ho Naa Ho. Shahrukh Khan, Saif Ali KhanAnd Preeti Zinta, In the film, she played the role of Jenny Kapoor’s adopted daughter ‘Jiya Kapoor’, played by Jaya Bachchan,
- In 2006, Jhanak Shukla appeared in the film Deadline: Sirf 24 Hours opposite Indian actors Rajit Kapoor, Konkona Sen SharmaAnd irrfan khan and played the role of Anishka Goenka, the kidnapped daughter of Rajit Kapoor and Konkona Sen Sharma. In the same year, he made his Hollywood debut with the film One Night with the King.
- According to Jhanak Shukla, his last work was the television serial Son Pari. After working on it for six months, he left the serial. Later, she rejected several acting assignments as she wanted to focus on her studies, and she got fed up with acting. In an interview to a media reporter, he said,
My last serial was Sonpari. I shot for it only for six months. I was growing up and they needed a little girl. I did a few commercials after Sonpari and then I quit acting. I was in 6th grade and wanted to study so I stopped taking any more assignments. I didn’t want to take up acting as a career. I’m really fed up.”
- Apart from being a child artist, Jhanak Shukla also worked as a model for several commercial brands and their advertisements such as ‘ICICI’. According to Jhanak, she used to accompany her mother when her mother was shooting for some commercial commercials, and once, director Pradeep Sarkar saw Jhanak and called him for an audition. When she was five years old, she did an ICICI advertisement.
- Jhanak Shukla then appeared in a music video with Parikrama (band).
- In 2012, Jhanak Shukla was a part of a reality-based crime thriller show ‘Gumrah: End of Innocence’.
- According to some media sources, Jhanak Shukla was roped in to play the role of Yuva in 2005. Rani Mukherjee In Sanjay Leela BhansaliThe film was Black and was the first choice of the filmmakers. However, she refused to be a part of the film as she was working in the television series ‘Karisma Ka Karishma’ and the issue of dates was the main reason for her exit.
- In March 2021, in a media interaction, Jhanak Shukla said that she wanted to move to New Zealand to work as an architect in a museum and lead a peaceful life there. She said that she was in her twenties and was not earning yet. He said,
When I was young, I used to think that when I turned 24, I would earn a lot, and I would settle down and get married. I am 25 years old and I am not earning anything. My retirement has already started, my parents say that’s because I don’t work like that.
- From February 2022 to May 2022 he worked at the ‘Fidelitas Gallery’ in Bangalore, Karnataka As an Art Gallery Manager.
- In July 2022, Jhanak Shukla set up his own venture named ‘Rumal’, which mainly produces and sells handkerchiefs, organic soaps, quirky bookmarks and face masks.
- In 2019, Jhanak Shukla appeared in four short films Bol Ke Lab Azad Hain Tere, Father’s Day Tribute, Maa Hoon Main and U-Turn produced and directed by her parents.
- Once, in an interview with a media house, Jhanak talked about his love for history for which he quit acting. She said that she had a deep love for history and wanted to work as an archaeologist. He said,
My parents told me to finish my graduation and then take up acting. But by that time I had become deeply attached to history. I am fond of acting but I chose history instead of acting.