Originally published at FamousIntel.com
John Piper Biography and Wiki
John Piper is an American New Testament specialist, Reformed theologian, pastor, and chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Before spending 33 years as pastor for the preaching and philosophy of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Piper spent six years teaching biblical studies at Bethel University.
John Piper Education
Where did John Piper go to school? Wade Hampton High School is where Piper earned her diploma in 1964. Piper studied the New Testament at the University of Munich in Germany under Leonhard Gopelt for a doctorate in theology. Piper’s mother died in a bus accident in Israel on 16 December 1974.
john piper age and birthday
When was John Piper born? Piper is 76 years old as of 2022. He was born as John Stephen Piper on 11 January 1946 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on 11 January every year.
John Piper Nationality and Ethnicity
Piper is of American nationality by birth. He was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States. He is of mixed caste.
john piper family
Piper was born to Bill and Ruth Piper. His father spent more than 60 years as a traveling campaigner. Piper’s family relocated to Greenville, South Carolina before she was a year old, and she spent the rest of her childhood there, completing Wade Hampton High School in 1964.
john piper wife
Who is John Piper’s father? After marrying Knoll Henry in 1968, she had five children, including a daughter who was adopted. Abraham Piper, his son, has openly challenged evangelism.
John Piper Height
Piper stands at an average height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m).
john piper net worth
Piper has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
John Piper Cancer
Piper announced that she had been diagnosed with prostate cancer on January 11, 2006. In a letter to his congregation, he and his medical team said they thought the cancer was completely curable. After his diagnosis, Piper said the following: Of course, this news has been favorable to me. The sin of self-reliance and the sleepiness of worldliness are the two most dangerous things in the world. Both are shocked by the news of cancer. I praise God for this. It’s been a wonderful time spent with Christ in recent times. On February 14, 2006, Piper had surgery and recovered.
John Piper Sermons – Ministry
What is Piper’s religion? Piper was ordained pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1980. He served as pastor for Preaching and Vision until March 31, 2013. After the release of his book Desiring God: Meditation of a Christian Hedonist in 1986, Piper became active. Included in evangelical Christianity.
Since then, he has published dozens more works that further elaborated his religious outlook. To “foster a zeal for the supremacy of God in all things for the happiness of all people through Jesus Christ”, Piper created Desiring God Ministries in 1994. All of Piper’s sermons, essays and books from the past three decades are available. Thank you online for free for the will of God Ministries.
From 1 May 2010 to 9 January 2011, Piper took an eight-month leave of absence from his ministry. He announced that he would soon be leaving his position as pastor in June 2011. A candidate to replace him was made public in March 2012, and on 20 May 2012, Jason Meyer was elected (784 yes to 8 no) as pastor for Piper’s Sermon and Vision.
On Easter Sunday, March 31, 2013, Piper gave his last sermon as Bethlehem Baptist pastor and informed the congregation in an open letter that he and his family would be relocating to Tennessee for at least a year. The move will allow the church’s new leadership to focus on developing a strategic vision for the organization without interference. He is a clergy emeritus who continues to attend services but does not hold any official position in the governing body of the church.
John Piper Books
- Love Your Enemies: Jesus Love Commands in the Synoptic Gospel and the Early Christian Parensis
- The Justification of God: An Interpretive and Theological Study of the Romans
- God’s Will: The Meditations of a Christian Hedonist
- God’s Supremacy in Preaching
- God’s pleasures
- Reclaiming Biblical Manhood and Femininity
- Let the Nations Be Glad! God’s Supremacy in Missions
- Future Grace: The Purifying Power of Living by Faith in Future Grace
- An Appetite for God: God’s Will Through Fasting and Prayer
- A Divine Life: Tasting God’s Supremacy throughout Life
- God’s Passion for His Glory: Living the Vision of Jonathan Edwards
- A Godward Life, Book Two: Savoring God’s Supremacy in All Life
- The Legacy of Sovereign Joy: God’s Triumphant Grace in the Lives of Augustine, Luther and Calvin
- The Hidden Smile of God: The Fruit of Affection in the Lives of John Bunyan, William Cowper, and David Brainerd
- Seeing and Tasting Jesus Christ
- The Dangerous Duty of Pleasure: The Courage to Make God the Object of Your Will
- What’s the Difference?: Manhood and Womanhood Biblically Defined
- Job’s Suffering and God’s Mercy