Jothimani is an Indian politician, writer and social activist, best known for being a Congress MP from the Karur constituency.
Jothimani Senimalai was born on Saturday, 9 August 1975.age 47 years; by 2022) at Dharapuram, Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu. His zodiac sign is Leo. His hometown is Periya Thirumangalam, Aravakurichi, Karur District, Tamil Nadu. She attended Sri GVG Vishalakshi College for Women, Udumalaipet, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, and Bharathiyar University, Tamil Nadu to pursue Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Master of Arts (2003) and Master of Philosophy (2005).
Height (approx.): 5′ 7
Weight (approx): 55 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
Figure Measurements (Approximately): 34-26-34
parents and siblings
Jothimani’s father’s name is Senimalai, a farmer. His mother’s name is Muthulakshmi.
Jyotimani is unmarried.
She lives at 47/1, KP Towers, Ramakrishnapuram, Karur, Tamil Nadu- 639001 Tel: 04324232626.
Jotimani joined the Indian Youth Congress at the age of twenty-two, the youth wing of the Indian National Congress. In 2011, she contested the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly election from Karur constituency, but could not win the seat. She contested the 2014 general election but lost again. In 2015, he campaigned for the 2016 Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly election from Aravakurichi constituency, but later, due to some reasons, he did not choose the election. In 2019, she became the MP of Karur constituency after winning the 2019 Indian general election.
Question on Jothimani’s dressing style:
In 2019, Jothimani attracted controversy when she was criticized for wearing a saree on some occasions and a jeans top on others. Tamil Nadu general secretary KS Narendran drew criticism, who took to Twitter to post a picture of Jothimani in two different organisations. He said that she was a great actress. After his tweet went viral, people posted pictures of him on Twitter. Narendra Modi Wear shirt and kurta-pyjama on different occasions. Responding to the criticisms, he said why women’s clothing was a topic of discussion for men.
Leaving a television show:
In 2020, she attracted controversy when she faced sexist remarks by Karu Nagarajan, spokesperson of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He was invited for a panel discussion on television, where he started talking about the BJP’s negligence in handling migrants during the COVID-19 pandemic. After listening to her, Karu made personal comments about her and she left the show midway. Later many people supported him and used the hashtag #I_standwith_Jothimani on social media.
Allegations against members of his own party:
In 2021, he accused his own party of choosing candidates differently before the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections. He said in a Twitter post,
I am aware of the sentiments that are rising in the minds of Congress volunteers at this point of time. The selection on the constituency for the candidates is not done in a clear manner. A lot is going wrong. I knocked over and over again. Unfortunately no answer. Will the leaders not listen to the voice of justice emanating from honest candidates?
Accused of hurting Hindu sentiments:
In 2022, in an interview, Jothimani said that people in his village in Tamil Nadu had never seen a Lord Ram temple. After his interview aired, people accused him of hurting Hindu sentiments.
Physically tortured by Delhi Police:
In 2022, Jothimani attracted controversy when he accused the Delhi Police of physically torturing her and tearing her clothes while she was protesting against the Center and the ED for a probe. Rahul Gandhi National Herald money laundering case. He talked about this in an interview and said,
Women MPs and office bearers of our party including me were marching peacefully from our AICC Headquarters today. We are women party workers. We were exercising our democratic right to protest. Delhi Police treated us mercilessly. There were also some paramilitary personnel. They dragged me and others. He used brute force. About ten people took me and threw others on a bus. We protested. Around 60-70 policemen were present there. They refused to give us water for an hour. We tried to buy water but he threatened the watervale and sent him out. Whether it is a woman MP or a woman or an MP of a political party, this is not the way to behave. This is not the democracy we want.”
- 1999: Ilkiya Chintanai Award for Best Short Story
- 2007: Shakti Award for Best Short Story Collection
property / properties
- Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 3,83,605
- LIC or other insurance policies: Rs. 6,27,450
Gross Net Worth: Rs. 21,46,055
- Agricultural land : Rs. 30,00,000
- Residential Building : Rs. 9,00,000
Total immovable assets: Rs. 39,00,000
His net worth (as of 2019) was Rupee. 5,667,055,
Facts / Trivia
- She is known by the name Jo by her friends and relatives.
- Her hobbies include reading, engaging with children and older people, and agricultural activities.
- Jothimani lost her father at the age of thirteen and her mother in 2018.
- He decided to become a politician at a very young age as he saw people misbehaving with the Dalit community in his village. She felt that if she becomes a politician, she will have power and she can change a lot in the society. Growing up, he filed an application for Panchayat union elections in 1996, which angered his mother and relatives.
- He worked as a Panchayat Union Councilor for a decade from 1996 to 2006.
- Before becoming a Congress MP, he worked as the General Secretary and Vice President of the Indian Youth Congress and Tamil Nadu Youth Congress respectively.
- While she was in college, she was elected as the President of the College Students’ Union, and was an active participant in the NSS camps.
- He worked in the Tamil Censor Board from 2006 to 2009.
- In 2006, he attended the meeting of the American Council for Young Political Leaders in the US and represented the Indian Youth Congress. In 2009, he represented the Indian Youth Congress at the Asian Young Leaders Summit in Malaysia.
- In 2010, she participated in the Asian Women Leaders’ Meeting held in New Delhi.
- He has authored three books including Otrai Vasanai, Sithirak Kudu and Neer Pirakku Munn. In the book Otrai Vasnai, he mentioned the time when Dalits were mistreated by his villagers. The book gained recognition when it was voted as one of the best short stories by a Tamil weekly in 1996.
- His venture towards the Congress party began when he presented his ideas Rahul Gandhi During the party’s talent hunt program in Andhra Pradesh in 2004. He showed interest in his ideas and asked former Union Minister of State Jitendra Singh to guide him.
- In 2014, during the general elections, he made a personal manifesto. In an interview, he talked about this and said, the rights-based campaign is basically an attempt to educate women and farmers on their rights, especially in addition to centrally sponsored schemes like Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme The Panchayat Presidents have to be trained to ensure that the funds allocated for the schemes reach the actual beneficiaries. ,
- In 2015, she was elected as the secretary of the All India Mahila Congress of Karnataka.
- In 2019, she alleged that she was in charge of Karur district collector T. Anbazhagan, who had blocked her mobile number.
- She was the first Congress woman MP to be elected from the Karur Lok Sabha seat in 2019.
- In an interview, while giving motivation to the girls, he said,
Join politics, politics is everywhere, women are oppressed, so get to the point where you can make a decision. Go and run elections, I did the same 23 years back after turning 21. Don’t take politics as a dirty word, rather it will help you understand yourself better.”
- In 2021, he held a protest in Karur against the removal of the old Mahatma Gandhi statue and the construction of a new bronze statue. On protesting, the police arrested him.
- In 2021 he protested in front of the collector’s office to organize a special camp for the disabled. In an interview, he talked about the special camp and said,
I have personally visited 6300 out of 6800 villages in my constituency. I was shocked by the thousands of people with disabilities who have asked for our help. Will I ask for camp when I don’t need it? On what basis the collectors are not setting up the camp.
- In 2022, he was admitted to Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital as he developed high fever and severe body pain after the protest. Rahul GandhiED is investigating