K Annamalai is an Indian politician and former IPS officer of 2011 batch of Tamil Nadu cadre. He resigned as an IPS officer in 2019 after serving at various places in Tamil Nadu for a period of eight years. In 2020, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party, before that he was a part of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam.
Of. Annamalai was born as Annamalai Kuppusamy on Monday, 4 June 1984.age 38 years; by 2022) in Karur, Tamil Nadu. His zodiac sign is Gemini. In 2007, he completed his Bachelor of Engineering degree at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. In 2010, he earned PGDM in Business from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow. K Annamalai acted as
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx): 70 kg
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: black
parents and siblings
His father’s name is Kuppusamy and mother’s name is Parameshwari. His father is a farmer.
wife and children
Of. Annamalai was married to Akila S. Nathan who works as Manager in M/s Hewlett Packard Enterprise Globalsoft Pvt Ltd in Bangalore. The couple has a son.
K Annamalai belongs to the Vellalla Gounder community of Tamil Nadu.
Of. Annamalai began his officer training in September 2011 for four months at LBSNA Mussoorie, Uttaranchal, India. From December 2011 to September 2013, he was an officer trainee at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy. In September 2013, he was appointed as the Assistant Superintendent of Police of Karkala, Karnataka, India and served in this position till December 2014. He was then appointed as the Superintendent of Police of Udupi, Karnataka, India in January 2015 and served in the position. as of August 2016. In August 2016, he was transferred to Chikmagalur, Karnataka, where he was posted as the Superintendent of Police. He served Chikmagalur district of Karnataka till October 2018. Thereafter, from October 2018 to September 2019, he served as the Deputy Commissioner of Police, South Bangalore.
Non government organization
He . is the founder of an organization called
After resigning as an IPS officer in 2019. Annamalai joined the Bharatiya Janata Party on 25 August 2020. Later, he was nominated as the President of the Bharatiya Janata Party in Tamil Nadu.
The following year, he contested the Tamil Nadu state assembly elections from Arvakurichi constituency in Karur district supported by the Bharatiya Janata Party and lost to NR Elango, a DMK leader.
He is an avid reader. In 2021, K. Annamalai released his book Stepping Beyond Khakhi.
Awards, Honors, Achievements
In August 2013, he was awarded the Vice President’s Award for Exemplary Leadership Qualities. In December 2011, he earned the Young Achievers Award for Alumni by PSG College of Technology.
property / properties
- Deposits in Banks : Rs. 51,34,676
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 3,07,520
- Personal Loans/Advances granted: Rs. 64,00,000
- Motor Vehicle: Rs. 7,00,000
- Agricultural land : Rs. 1,50,00,000
Liabilities: Rs. 25,00,000
As of 2021, K Annamalai’s net worth is Rs. 2.66 crores.
Facts / Trivia
- K. Annamalai is a disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Math and its head Srimat Swami Gautamananda Ji Maharaj.
- In 2016, K Annamalai was transferred from Udupi district of Tamil Nadu to Chikmagalur, Karnataka by the state government. The local people were so impressed by Annamalai’s work that they protested against the state government’s decision.
- In 2019, soon after the announcement of several political leaders of the DMK joining the BJP. Started blaming Annamalai. He accused him of taking advantage of the political powers of the BJP government during his tenure as an IPS officer. Soon, he responded to these condemnations through one of his social media accounts in which he said that he was appointed as an IPS officer when the country was led by the UPA government.
- K. Annamalai is proficient in Hindi, English, Tamil and Kannada languages.
- Reportedly, during his tenure as an IPS officer, he earned the title of ‘Singham’ of Karnataka Police.
- K Annamalai often shares his pictures and videos on various social media platforms. His Facebook page is followed by more than 226k people. He is followed by more than 79k people on Instagram. His Twitter handle is followed by more than 415k people.
- According to K. Annamalai, he admires the Prime Minister. Narendra Modi Too much.
- K Annamalai mentioned on one of his social media bios that he is a sports enthusiast. He likes to promote organic farming as he belongs to a farming family.
- K Annamalai blames the DMK-led Tamil Nadu state government and the chief minister’s family MK Stalin Allegations of corruption on 5 June 2022.
- On 23 July 2022, K Annamalai attended the farewell dinner ceremony of the outgoing President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, The host of this event was the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. Annamalai was the only state party president who was invited to the party along with other senior union ministers and chief ministers of India. K Annamalai attended the farewell ceremony along with former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy. Reportedly, Annamalai’s dynamic and devoted nature attracted top leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party to him.
- Many famous Indian newspapers often cover news related to K Annamalai in their articles.