Kamiya Jani is an Indian journalist, content creator, anchor, YouTuber and social media influencer who is known for her YouTube show ‘Sunday Brunch’ on her channel Curly Tales.
Kamiya Jani was born on Wednesday 25 May 1988.age 46 years; by 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Gemini. Kamiya Jain holds a Bachelor of Mass Media degree from RD National College, Mumbai. Later, he obtained a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from GJ Advani Law College, Mumbai, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx): 55 kg
Hair Color: brown
Eye Colour: black
Figure Measurements (Approximately): 34-26-34
parents and siblings
Kamiya Jani’s father’s name is Mohan Jani.
He is a businessman and works in the manufacture of auto rickshaws. His mother’s name is Poonam Jani.
Kamiya has an elder brother Tarun Jani and a sister Payal Jani.
Kamiya Jani’s grandfather’s name is Narayandas Jani. He belonged to Pakistan but during the partition of India, he moved to Mumbai, India.
husband and children
Kamiya Jani married Samar Verma.
In an interview, Kamiya talked about how she met her husband and said,
I met Summer during my first job, when I was a finance writer at CNBC. We started dating after 6 months of getting to know each other. After dating for another six months, we broke up for a year. But when there is love, it definitely finds a way to connect the hearts together. I was diagnosed with swine flu after returning from a trip to Thailand. And this is where our story took a U-turn. My illness shook Summer, worried her, and soon we reconciled, and this time, with a promise of forever.
The couple has a daughter, Gianna Verma.
In February 2006, Kamiya Jani started her career as a journalist with The Times of India. In June 2006, Kamiya changed her job and joined CNBC TV18 as a correspondent and sub-editor.
He worked in CNBC TV18 for 1.8 years. Later, in February 2008, Kamiya joined
In 2016, Kamiya Jani started her blog Curly Tales on YouTube. In an interview, while talking about leaving his stable job, Kamiya said,
I got tired of the same routine of getting up at 5 in the morning for a TV show and decided to enjoy it. I realized that there was no forum dedicated to local search, travel, and recommendations. So I decided to quit my job and put all my energy into curly tails.”
Initially Kamiya started with a 1-minute text-based video. Later, she started posting food and travel blogs on YouTube. Kamiya Jani hosts various shows on her Youtube channel like; Sunday Brunch, a celebrity talk show in which she invites celebrities for a brunch, Tere Gali Mein, Street Stories, Curly Tales in UAE, and more.
Kamiya Jani is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of CurlyTales, a food, travel, experiences and lifestyle content platform. It is a recommendation platform for people to find out their interest in food and travel. Curly Tales is a team of over 20 people headquartered in Mumbai. Talking about her journey with Curly Tales, Kamiya said,
Curly Tales is a food and travel platform and thankfully all age groups enjoy these two categories. That is the whole intention of reaching out to different age groups. How it originated is an interesting story. 4-5 years ago, I was a news anchor in a business news channel, but after 10 years of good corporate job in the media industry, I decided to listen to my inner calling. I quit my job, started traveling, documenting my travel and culinary journey, posting videos on Facebook and boom, I saw great response coming from all age groups. So that’s how Curly Tales was born in 2017, cut to 2021 we are now on Facebook with 2.1 million followers.
In 2019, Kamiya Jani’s show Curly Tales aired on The Q India.
- 2018: Top Social Influencer of the Year Award by Upper Story
- 2019: Most Influential Content Marketing Professional by World Marketing Congress Awards
- 2022: The Best Food Influencer of the Year Award by Exhibit Magazine
Kamiya Jani owns a Mustang, BMW 2 Series Coupe and Tata Motor Safari.
- book: Secrets by Rhonda Byrne
- Travel Destination(s): Goa, Lisbon, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Kerala
Facts / Trivia
- Kamiya Jain was sent to Malaysia, where she was asked to cover a Grand Prix race at the Sepang circuit when a colleague fell ill.
- In October 2018, Kamiya Jani was invited to a TEDx event at NIT Srinagar to share her life experiences.
- Kamiya Jani has 1.6 million subscribers on her YouTube channel and 2.7 million followers on the Facebook page of Curly Tales.
- Kamiya is often spotted drinking wine with friends at events and parties.
- CurlyTales is India’s #1 Food and Travel Discovery Content Platform.
- In an interview, while talking about the rise of her business on social media, Kamiya Jani said,
I think social media is a great place if you want to reach people. People have become addicted to social media which is a good thing for creators like me to showcase their talent and stories. We like to have a story every day to give them a bucket list that can inspire them to step out of the office or homes to try and find hidden gems. Our formula is not to deliver an exceptionally great experience, but to create something that is achievable and relatable. So we covered most of the neighborhood stories. Facebook is a great platform to kick-start and where we are today is because of Facebook.”
- In April 2022, Kamiya Jani walked the ramp for UNIMO- Universe of Moms as a showstopper at the Bombay Times Fashion Week.
- Kamiya Jani has a pet dog, Singh.