Kasia Galanio (1976–2022), also known as Kasia Al Thani, was a former princess of Qatar. She was the third wife of Abdelaziz bin Khalifa Al-Thani, uncle of the current Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani. On 29 May 2022, Kasia was found dead inside her home in the city of Marbella, Spain.
Cassia Galanio was born on Sunday 2 October 1977 (age 45 years; at the time of his death) in Krakow. When she was a child, her family moved to Los Angeles, United States, where she studied at California State University.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx): 55 kg
Hair Color: brown
Eye Colour: black
Figure Measurements (Approximately): 34-28-34
Kasia Galanio was of Polish descent.
parents and siblings
Not much is known about his parents.
husband and children
Kasia Galanio married Abdelaziz bin Khalifa Al-Thani, son of Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani (former Emir of Qatar) in 2004. They had three daughters, Sheikha Malak, Sheikha Yasmin and Sheikha Reem. Their two daughters are 17-year-old twins, while their youngest daughter is 15-year-old. He divorced al-Thani after a few years of their marriage and accused him of sexually abusing one of his daughters. However, al-Thani has always denied the allegations. For more than 15 years, she was engaged in a legal battle with her ex-husband, Abdelaziz bin Khalifa Al-Thani, over the custody of their children.
relationships / affairs
At the age of 19, while on a trip to Paris, she met Abdelaziz bin Khalifa al-Thani, a former minister in the government of Qatar, and fell in love with him. The two dated each other for some time and then decided to get married. Reportedly, al-Thani was kicked out of the royal family in 1992 after he allegedly tried to overthrow the Emir of Qatar. So he went to France and settled there.
In 2007, Kasia launched a luxury gifting shopping company called Savoir-Faire.com. The company went into voluntary liquidation in 2010. In 2018, Kasia joined the business team of French professional football club FC Martigues.
Cassia Galanio was found dead inside her home in the Spanish city of Marbella on 30 May 2022. The cause of his death is believed to be a drug overdose. Reportedly, the police visited her home on May 30 after receiving a complaint from her children that she did not answer their phone calls for several days. On reaching his house, the police found him lying dead on the bed.
Facts / Trivia
- According to some sources, Cassia Galanio had American nationality.
- Kasia loved to party and enjoys a luxurious life.
- According to French media, Galanio was battling depression and drug and alcohol addiction. She was living alone in Spain and was hospitalized for several months as she suffered from a nervous breakdown.
- In 2009, Kasia discovered fraudulent activity in her husband’s account at Barclays Bank in Marbella after which she took legal action against the bank. Later, the bank settled for an undisclosed amount.
- Kasia has often been seen drinking alcohol on several occasions.
- An avid dog lover, Kasia had a pet dog named Honey.