Age: 27 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kylie Paul
- Kylie Paul is a Tanzanian-based content creator who is known for posting videos of her lip-syncing Bollywood songs with her sister on Instagram. He gained immense popularity with his lip-syncing on the song ‘Ratan Lambiya’ with his sister.
- Kylie was born in the village of Mindu Tuileni, where he lives with his parents and extended family. He takes care of the herd of cattle along with his family. In an interview, he revealed that there was no electricity in his village, due to which he had to walk ten kilometers to another village to charge his phone.
- He was called Yusuf when he was in school, but his father later decided to call him Kili, which is short for Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa.
- He studied till class four in his village school and later, he shifted to a school in Dodoma, where he studied till class seven. Due to the poor condition of the family, he had to give up his studies. However, he learned English and spoke the language fluently. Apart from English, he can also speak French and Spanish.
- Kylie loved watching Hindi movies and from childhood she loved Hindi music. So he started expressing his love for Bollywood songs through his videos on social media. Initially, he posted videos of himself dancing and singing Bollywood songs, but later, his sister Neema also joined his videos. In an interview, he said that he learned the pronunciation of every Hindi word from Google. In the interview he further said,
When I find a song I like, I go to YouTube, learn the lyrics, and then Google to see how they pronounce each word because I don’t want to miss any words. Then I try to find the English translation of the song. I add my expressions to love songs because love is love everywhere. So, yes, I check the meaning of each part before recording.”
- In an interview, he revealed that his family thought he was crazy when they saw him practicing Hindi songs for hours at home. According to Kylie, people in his village don’t know how famous he is because they don’t have internet access.
- Prime Minister in February 2022 Narendra Modi Appreciated the efforts of Kylie and her sister in lip-syncing the Hindi songs in Mann Ki Baat. In the program, Modi said,
Talking about Indian culture and my heritage, today I want to introduce you to two people in ‘Mann Ki Baat’. These days two Tanzanian siblings, Kylie Paul and her sister Nima, are in the news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and I am sure you have heard of them too. He has a passion, a passion for Indian music and that is why he is also very popular. The way he lip syncs shows how hard he works for it.”
- In September 2022, she along with other creators participated in the Meta Creator’s Day event where she was seen dancing with the actor Ranveer singh on a song.
- In October 2022, she entered the Bigg Boss 16 house as a guest and danced with the contestants to the song ‘Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast’. He also created an Instagram reel with the contestants abdu rozik And mac stan,
- On 8 October 2022, he made a guest entry in the show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10’ and danced with the judge. Madhuri Dixit On singing in the gram field. In an interview, he talked about his entry in the show and said,
Nothing compares to the joy of dancing for me and hence I am thrilled to be on the show. I’ve got a lot of love from India and as everyone can tell, I’m hooked on its culture. It has been amazing to dance with the best dancers in this show. I am making some great memories on this show. I thank the contestants and judges Karan Johar, Madhuri Dixit Nene and Nora Fatehi.
- He often posts videos on social media in which he is seen performing his traditional dance on his tribal songs.
- In the pictures he posts on his social media, he refers to himself as a Maasai warrior.
- In an interview, he said that he earns money by promoting different types of products on social media.