Hometown: Mirza, Kamrup Rural, Assam
Age: 30 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Some lesser known facts about Kishore Das
- Kishore Das was an Indian model, actor, model, dancer and former IT engineer who worked in the Assamese entertainment industry.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in Mirza, Kamrup Rural, Assam.
- On 2 November 2013, Kishor started his career as an IT engineer with Prague News. He worked there for about two years.
- In 2015, he joined Assam Talks as an IT Engineer.
- Thereafter, he worked as an IT Engineer at Ajanta Pharma, Palasbari.
- In 2015, she started her modeling career by participating in fashion shows and model hunts.
- She has walked the ramp in various fashion shows and model hunts like Mr & Miss Kolong Nagaon 2015, Fashion Wizard Mega Model Hunt 2016 (Second Runner-up) and Mr & Miss South Kamrup Fashion Show 2016.
- She also walked the ramp as a showstopper at Eastern Style Week 2016.
- He acted in several popular Assamese TV serials such as Bidhata (2019), Bandhan (2020), and Nedeha Phagun (2021). The show is broadcast on regional channels based in Guwahati.
- She was featured in the Assamese film Rough and Tough in 2016.
- In 2021, he appeared in the Assamese film Dada Tumi Dhulo Bor. The film is a romantic comedy directed by Sameer Buragohain.
- He also acted in various short films.
- She also participated in several reality TV shows like Dance India Dance and India’s Got Talent.
- Das had appeared in the music videos of around 300 Assamese songs, such as Kolijte Rakhisu by Gargi Das, Mon Jure Tumi Jurale by Daiji Das, and Som Gole Saba by Kasturi Sharan.
- He was also featured in the music video for the Assamese song Turut Turut; This video became one of the most viewed videos in Assam in 2017.
- Das promotes brands like Power Gummies and Gardenia Soaps on his Instagram account. He had also collaborated with an alcohol brand Imperial Blue India and posted various videos for them on his Instagram account.
- On 5 December 2013, he created a YouTube channel named Kishore Das Raw Videos. He used to upload his reels and promo videos on the channel. He has around 31k subscribers on his channel as of 2022.
- He loved listening to music and traveling in his spare time.
- He was good in four languages- English, Hindi, Assamese and Sanskrit.
- He was an avid animal lover and had a pet dog.
- Kishore owned a Hyundai i10 Grand and a Royal Enfield.
- Das had his ears pierced.
- A fitness enthusiast, Das never missed a single day at the gym.
- He had deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- On 2 July 2022, Kishore Das passed away at the age of 30 at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. He was suffering from cancer (stage 4) for almost a year and was undergoing treatment at the Health City Hospital in Chennai since March 2021. According to some media reports, he had also contracted COVID-19, due to which his health condition deteriorated. And he died. His last rites were performed on 2 July in Chennai. Following his untimely death, many popular film, television and political figures mourned his death. Assamese actress Megharanjani Medhi shared a picture of Das on her Instagram account with the caption,
Gone too soon brother.”
In his post, he also mentioned that Kishor was an outstanding actor of his fraternity who fought till his last breath. She further wrote that Kishor will be one of the brightest stars in the sky and the Assam entertainment industry will miss him. Atul Bora, a politician from Assam also took to Twitter to condole Kishor’s death. He tweeted,
Deeply saddened by the untimely demise of popular actor Kishor Das. I went to meet him while he was undergoing treatment in Guwahati. Never thought he would leave us so soon. I pray to God for his soul to rest in peace and express my condolences to the bereaved family and friends.”
A few weeks before his death, Kishor shared a picture of himself from the hospital on Instagram. Through the post, he updated his fans about his health. He wrote,
This is my fourth cycle of chemotherapy. You would think it is easy but unfortunately it is not. During this I have many side effects like fatigue, nausea, dizziness, body weakness, vomiting etc. I can’t take any other medicine without asking my doctor. You know, the reality during a stage 4 colon cancer diagnosis, and especially chemotherapy, is nothing quite the same.”